THE WATER - drinking?

Old May 15th 2007, 4:17 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: THE WATER - drinking?

so long as it doesn't pollute my whisky it's ok
Old May 15th 2007, 4:21 am
dc1
Forum Regular

dc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the rough

The water quality standards are not as good in Oz as they are in the UK but most of it is ok, a lot of people I know use a brita filter as this has carbon and removes some of the impurities. I have rain water tanks as we have no water supply and I drink it.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:08 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: THE WATER - drinking?

Originally Posted by Wendy
Adelaide water is fine and definitely not liquid mud

I do prefer it after it'd been in the fridge first though.
It does need to be chilled before drinking.

Otherwise you have to cut it up and hand it out in slices.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: THE WATER - drinking?

Originally Posted by dc1
The water quality standards are not as good in Oz as they are in the UK
LOL, are you kidding? I take it you haven't tasted Tassie water...

The stuff we get in the West Midlands is practically liquid gravel! Limescale was virtually unheard of where I lived in Australia; over here it seems to be inescapable.

Last year I removed a fist-sized lump of rock-hard limescale from the kitchen drainpipe. Now, I've heard of "mineral water", but that's ridiculous.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:21 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Our water is fine , we bought a fridge with ice n water dispenser on the front , this is connected via a filter and does taste nicer than straight out of the tap .
The cold water and ice on tap is a godsend in summer

Last edited by Perthforme; May 15th 2007 at 5:50 am.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hmmm at bottled water! Do you realise how bad for the environment it is?

Australian water is fine, just as it is in the UK.
Well Im no eco warrier thats for sure! However got no choice drinking bottle water! The stuff here has got all kinds in and is not recommended for kids as could make the ill!
Ive got kids so have to buy bottle! Also if its not safe to drink long term Im not going to mess with my health.

Thanks for the info on water and toilets!

We will be in WA

GEMS
Old May 15th 2007, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
LOL, are you kidding? I take it you haven't tasted Tassie water...

The stuff we get in the West Midlands is practically liquid gravel! Limescale was virtually unheard of where I lived in Australia; over here it seems to be inescapable.

Last year I removed a fist-sized lump of rock-hard limescale from the kitchen drainpipe. Now, I've heard of "mineral water", but that's ridiculous.
Tassie water is lovely to taste, have to agree, so pure like the air down there. I'm not that partial to the water in Qld, but then its so scarce that drinking it seems a waste, much better to stick to beer and leave the water for other things!