Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A warning for parents - very important

A warning for parents - very important

Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:03 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: A warning for parents - very important

How awful, must be right up there with "worst nightmare" senarios!

My deepest sympathy to the family and how brave to use this horendous event to celebrate the life of their child whilst giving out advice to others.............
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:21 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Goes to show you can just never be to careful!!

What a gorgeous little girl and family, some fabulous photos, really made me cry as my two kids have driven me mental today and seriously could of sold them both to the highest bidder!! Made me think that no matter what how lucky I am to have them!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:07 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Im sitting here crying my eyes out too. Such a tragedy, my son is the same age and cannot even begin to imagine what this family have gone through.

I hope that some good can come out of this tragedy and that other familys dont have to go through the same thing.

Joexx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:15 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

How absolutely terrible!
I really feel for those poor people it's not something you would think about until you hear something like that
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:34 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

What a powerful story. I have a 3yr old and i will be watching out for these things, i thank you for your advice which i will pass onto all parents i meet in OZ....perhaps with these brave parents sharing their story we can prevent this tragedy from happening again, my thoughts and love is sent to Ava and her parents.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
What a powerful story. I have a 3yr old and i will be watching out for these things, i thank you for your advice which i will pass onto all parents i meet in OZ....perhaps with these brave parents sharing their story we can prevent this tragedy from happening again, my thoughts and love is sent to Ava and her parents.
Unfortunately, Ava's accident wasn't an isolated incident, last year a 15mth old also died when left in his parents car - his Mum had been shopping and was unloading the car - he was in the car for less than 20mins. They estimated that during that time, the outside temp was 31, but that temp inside the car had risen to over 50 degrees.

My children are all over the toddling phase (phew) but we still tell them never to sit in the car alone, they have to come out with us even if we are just popping into the shop. We always try and park under shelter or in the garage and always lock the car up. We have a lot of friends with small children and we have to consider what they'd potentially get up to as well!

Another tip I've picked up is teaching your toddler to raise an alarm if they do get stuck in a car. By that I mean leaning on the horn, banging on the window etc I remember (not so long ago) getting out of the car in a hurry, shouting to the boys to get out then walking away from the car, locking it. As I was walking away i heard all this commotion behind me, I'd locked one of sons in the car. Yep it was hot and no I wasn't parked in the shade. Although he's older (8) he's still at risk. He shouted and banged on the window to get attention (bad mother I know). He'd been in there less than a minute and was so hot and sweaty (and in shock poor thing)! Got him out, stripped him down and got him a cool drink. He'll never let me forget that incident!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
What a beautiful little girl. I cant imagine what they are going through. By getting there story out there lets hope it can save some other children

Nicky
I have just sent this terrible story to my friend who will be moving out this year who is a new parent. She can spread the message too.
My deepest sympathies.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k
I have just sent this terrible story to my friend who will be moving out this year who is a new parent. She can spread the message too.
My deepest sympathies.
Thank you Charlie thats great - we need to make as many people as we can aware of this. I know that Sheye is eternally grateful for all the support and kind words she receives. X
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:13 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, such a tragic loss. So so sad, I can hardly speak. I will be sending this message to as many friends as possible.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by herrchook
OMG, such a tragic loss. So so sad, I can hardly speak. I will be sending this message to as many friends as possible.
I've just received an email from a friend to say that in 2006 2 NSW brothers also died after locking themselves in a car. Surely there should be more publicity to raise awareness other than mates emailing each other with warnings? In the case of the 2 wee NSW babes, the temp in the car reached 51.2 degrees after just 16mins! Its heartbreaking as they're tradegies that could be prevented. I gave my boys all great big hugs today, and I've been singing "you are my sunshine" all day - can't get it out of my head! Everytime I hear that song it'll remind me of little Ava.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Dougy Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

God bless, definatly one to remember.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Babydub77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could not bring myself to look at the pictures from fear of crying my heart out.

Thank you so much for posting this to help other little children be saved from such a tragedy. I could never have imagine something like this could be possible.

I have a little girl and she is inquisitive and could quite easily have done the same thing. Now this will can't happen to her as you have been brave enough to warn others.

Thank you

xxx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:24 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

What a sad sad story.As many others have said already...just cried my heart out reading it.The pictures are just fantastic.What a beautiful family they are. My heart goes out to them.
Janice.
Old May 10th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
What a sad sad story.As many others have said already...just cried my heart out reading it.The pictures are just fantastic.What a beautiful family they are. My heart goes out to them.
Janice.
please just another reminder to not leave children and babies in cars - I posted this thread in feb after Sheye and Cratye rosemeyer lost their 3 yr old daughter. They have been campaigning to try and stop this tradegedy from happening again....unfortunately it has. In Toowoomba, a 3mth old baby girl died, just a few days ago. Ava's incident was different in that she wasn't left in the car, but the end result is now 2 beautiful girls have died. I will post a postcard that you can download and print off. Please can you ask your local schools if you can put them on the notice boards etc Its really important we get this message across. On Ollie's brithday, we went down to the beach and let off pink and white balloons with little messages on for Ava. Pics on are my blogger: www.glittababe007.blogspot.com
Attached Thumbnails A warning for parents - very important-ava_s_postcard_web.jpg  
Old May 10th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this, tragic as it is, everyone needs to be vigilant.

This happened in Perth last year. A two year old girl died in the back of the family car in Maddington, while her parents went to Fremantle

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...24/2126962.htm

Truly heartbreaking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.