Reload this Page >

Warning for bikers in Perth

Warning for bikers in Perth

Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warning for bikers in Perth

Originally Posted by knifey_spoony
Although it's not funny the lunatic is doing what most of us feel like doing to cyclists.
What's that then? Force them back into their cars. Who came up with that stupid idea?

Next time you go out in your car work out how much time you spend being held up by other cars and how much time you spend being held up by cycles.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Well the roads were made for motor vehicles not bicycles.I pay money to use the roads while they pay nothing.I don't cause massive queues behind me because im driving at 20mph.
Roads weren't made for motor vehicles. Roads have been around for 1000s of years, motor vehicles have been around about 100 years.

Cars are licenced to use roads. Look up the definition of licence in the dictionary and you will see "allow" or "permit", it confers no sense of ownership.

I ride a cycle and I pay rego. Most cyclists I know pay rego so you're wrong that cyclists pay nothing.

Motor vehicles cause massive queues at junctions. They also massively reduce the size of roads when parked. They cause congestion. Following your logic there's a stronger case for getting rid of cars than cycles.

Just in case you haven't got the point. Cars cause congestion not cyclists or motorbikes.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 4th 2008 at 7:14 pm. Reason: typing too fast
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

As i said it's what most people "FEEL" like doing.
Only the psychos...and the hard of thinking....
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Roads weren't made for motor vehicles. Roads have been around for 1000s of years, motor vehicles have been around about 100 years.

Cars are licenced to use roads. Look up the definition of licence in the dictionary and you will see "allow" or "permit", it confers no sense of ownership.

I ride a cycle and I pay rego. Most cyclists I know pay rego so you're wrong that cyclists pay nothing.

Motor vehicles cause massive queues at junctions. They also massively reduce the size of roads when parked. They cause congestion. Following your logic there's a stronger case for getting rid of them than cars.

Just in case you haven't got the point. Cars cause congestion not cyclists or motorbikes.

Don't forget caravans
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:07 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott
Don't forget caravans
Scott I have tried to pm you but you have them turned off
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scott
Don't forget caravans
Oh yeah!

Although, they don't seem to be so much of a problem in Aus (my bit at least). Maybe Aussies are better at caravan driving
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:12 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Bikes were around before cars.

Can't say I've ever felt like running a cyclist over
I have:curse:
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah!

Although, they don't seem to be so much of a problem in Aus (my bit at least). Maybe Aussies are better at caravan driving

get outta here
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Why's that then?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

To be expected really........all things considering.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:27 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

i think this post has lost it's way abit for f--ksake Wookie was tryig to warn us bikers about a f-----g looney on the roads of Perth and you lot a arguing about if cyclist should be on the road come on get a grip!
I hope they catch this arsehole before he cripples some poor bastard and string the freak up
thanks Alan......
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:55 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Why's that then?
As much I as I expect all drivers to look out for other drivers (including cyclists) is it too hard to expect the same in return? or at the very least for them to obey the law - not just when it suits.

Red lights
Switching from right to left lane with no looking and no signalling.
Riding between stationery cars and scrapping side panels and wing mirrors without stopping (which is an offence if we catch you)
Riding two a breast in the left lane, when there is a perfectly adequate cycling lane 3 feet to your left.

To the cyclist who almost T Boned me (on the pavement)
1 - You are not allowed too ride on the pavement
2 - I carry a lead pipe
3 - The lady with the pram you only missed because of her reaction would not be a positive witness for you.

I know there are thousands of cyclists that set a good example but its the minority that should be drawn and quartered.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

If you want to know the truth what I meant (after I purposely wrote 'Lol' denoting my light tone) was that I'm sympathetic with cyclists, rather than MOTORcyclists. We have MOTORcyclist screaming up and down our street most weekends noisly and repeatively for the sheer fun of it. They ride in the forestry behind us and the trail bikers often aren't even registered. You move to a semi-rural area not for that kind of peace and disquiet. So in a moment of wickedness I made my comment.. sigh
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

As much I as I expect all drivers to look out for other drivers (including cyclists) is it too hard to expect the same in return? or at the very least for them to obey the law - not just when it suits.

Red lights
Switching from right to left lane with no looking and no signalling.
Riding between stationery cars and scrapping side panels and wing mirrors without stopping (which is an offence if we catch you)
Riding two a breast in the left lane, when there is a perfectly adequate cycling lane 3 feet to your left.

To the cyclist who almost T Boned me (on the pavement)
1 - You are not allowed too ride on the pavement
2 - I carry a lead pipe
3 - The lady with the pram you only missed because of her reaction would not be a positive witness for you.

I know there are thousands of cyclists that set a good example but its the minority that should be drawn and quartered.
So it's because a few cyclists break the law. What about the car drivers that break the law, should they be killed as well?

I don't agree with running red lights. I also don't agree with cars overtaking cyclists at the last minute and then turning left. I know some cyclists start off from lights early to increase their safety. I don't agree with it but only because a lot of car drivers don't understand the rational.
I've not had my car scraped by a cyclist but I've had it scraped by another car. I've also been hit twice by cars whilst cycling. (Which is an offence if we catch you.)
Riding 2 abreast is legal in Victoria. It's the law.
I can half see the point on cycle lanes, however, cycle lanes are typically only useful for leisure cycling and are generally no good for fast cycling and commuting. I would rather see a commuter on a bike than in a car.

Also:

1. I personally give way to pedestrians when I am legally riding on the pavement. In Vic many pavements are shared path, all children under 12 are allowed to cycle on pavements and adults are allowed to ride on pavements if they are accompanying a child under 12.
2. You feel violence is justified to all cyclists because of 1 idiot?
3. Shame on the cyclist, but I would not condemn all cyclists because of 1 (or even a few idiots). In the same way I don't condemn other groups because of their idiots.

It's interesting to note the reaction to the cyclist who killed a pedestrian when he ran a red light on Beach Road (Melbourne). Had the pedestrian been killed by a car running the lights would there have been calls to ban all cars from the road or that the driver should serve a sentence for murder. Sadly past events would suggest not.

In reality cyclists have almost zero impact on car journey times. However if car drivers start to question what is really holding them up, this undermines their own position. Easier to pick on someone else!

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 4th 2008 at 9:50 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Full moon rising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.