Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

she was the main applicant and how did she manage it as ithought you needed to prove you are working in that particular job for so many hours a week for the past 12 months or so?
or something like that anyway.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

At one time (possibly when the programme was made) hairdressing was highly in demand and on every list going.

No visa would have a 2 year validation period.

Beware of programmes like this, some of the stuff that is said is very wrong, misleading and out-of-date visa-wise, just as they can also display a very skewed vision of the families involved - have a look for threads on the previous series, a real eye-opener when the actual families come online and give their versions! They are mass market entertainment, please don't use them as a guide to the rules for getting a visa.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
At one time (possibly when the programme was made) hairdressing was highly in demand and on every list going.

No visa would have a 2 year validation period.

Beware of programmes like this, some of the stuff that is said is very wrong, misleading and out-of-date visa-wise, just as they can also display a very skewed vision of the families involved - have a look for threads on the previous series, a real eye-opener when the actual families come online and give their versions! They are mass market entertainment, please don't use them as a guide to the rules for getting a visa.
"We've got two years left before our visa expires.... once that expires if we haven't gone to Australia permanently then we just won't be able to get that visa again..."
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

i agree polyana, i find these programs very poor in content thus question why they even bother?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Probably because people watch them due to their 'entertainment' value, as opposed to factual information.

The actual information the programme provides for those wanting to move to Australia is minimal.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parlex
"We've got two years left before our visa expires.... once that expires if we haven't gone to Australia permanently then we just won't be able to get that visa again..."
Thats not validation. Once your PR visa is granted you have a certain length of time in which to validate it, then you have longer on which to make the actual move. Have a look at this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Thats not validation. Once your PR visa is granted you have a certain length of time in which to validate it, then you have longer on which to make the actual move. Have a look at this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia
You are right Pollyana, is not validation, is part of the validation process. I think they have two years left of the total 5 before the visa expires...

"How long to make the 'proper' move?
- The visa is valid for 5 years from the date of grant (NOT the date the visa is stamped or validated)
- You are expected to be in Australia for a total of 2 years (730 days) in this 5 year period."

Last edited by parlex; Jan 2nd 2012 at 1:44 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I watched this. I assumed that the 3 wk holiday they took earlier was the validation trip. That's the only way I could make sense of it.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:18 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richie penn
yeah, in the shop and thats when i started asking myself how did they get their visas?
A few years ago a Chinese immigration lawyer friend asked me to help per view some video clips sent by clients who were trying to demonstrate skills.

The videos were in an unusual format, and I had to convert them to AVI format.

All of the clips were in the same hair sallon somewhere in China, except it we obviously someones bedroom, decked out with a mirror, seat and curtains. All off the girls greeted the same customer, and fluffed around with scissors for a few minutes. It was obvious even to me tht they had no idea what they were doing.

It was obviously a scam.

I have no doubts that all of the girls got in, bringing in their husbands and families.

I feel sorry for the genuine applicants who miss out due to things like one year of insufficient experience etc. If seems that outright forgery and lies works wonders, and truth gets you nowhere.

I think I may still have the videos in the original format if anyone doesn't believe me.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by parlex
You are right Pollyana, is not validation, is part of the validation process. I think they have two years left of the total 5 before the visa expires...

"How long to make the 'proper' move?
- The visa is valid for 5 years from the date of grant (NOT the date the visa is stamped or validated)
- You are expected to be in Australia for a total of 2 years (730 days) in this 5 year period."
You are expected to be in Australia for a total of 2 years (730 days) in this 5 year period."

what if you dont do or have done the 2 years of the 5 years of visa,2 yrs went past for me left on mine in august,its looking like maybe 1yr left or less before i can get over there.
So is that something i should worry about??
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:03 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
You are expected to be in Australia for a total of 2 years (730 days) in this 5 year period."

what if you dont do or have done the 2 years of the 5 years of visa,2 yrs went past for me left on mine in august,its looking like maybe 1yr left or less before i can get over there.
So is that something i should worry about??
So long as you enter the country before the validity period ends, you're fine. Unless you want to leave the country again

Then you need a RRV (return residents visa) to re-enter Australia and you need to be able to show a long lasting commitment to Australia/significant ties before they let you have one. House/job/family etc - your problem would be if you need to leave Australia for some reason just after the travel portion of your visa expires and you haven't had a decent chance to put down some roots.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Episode 2 - Hoe family

Very nice, down to earth family. Really enjoyed this episode!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._6_Hoe_Family/
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Bit disillusioned I think. I think the missus has a high cost life style with her Lexus 4x4 at home etc and I reckon the cost of living they worked out was for similar lifestyle which is obviously going to cost alot more, whereas their earnings weren't much more.

Last edited by Tramps_mate; Jan 3rd 2012 at 9:20 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Did feel sorry for the bloke though as you can see what he was trying to do for the family and himself..
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

agreed, unbelievable that their lovely four bed was only worth about £200000, the same property in dorset where im from would be £350000-£400000 easily, north/south devide i suppose, a little unfair though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.