Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Is it always that windy in Melborne??
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Saw your show last week and enjoyed it! Are you still planning to go to Oz?
Sorry for the delay getting back. We fly out in about three weeks. Only the three of us at first as my step-daughter wants to finish uni here and then follow. We have offered every possibility under the sun for her to finish uni over there and so can go knowing we have given her all the possible choices. She has had a dream to live in the USA since she was quite young and I can see her spending a year with us and then going off to follow that dream. She will have our utmost support whatever she decides.

Container is coming on Wednesday and I finish work next Friday so it's all getting very real. We have been asked to do a re-visited and so they are starting filming while we load the container. We enjoyed filming the last one so why not have another go eh?

Si
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

hmunker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Si T

Must admit that I haven't seen any of the episodes and don't really know whether I will bother with ours. I got what I wanted from it back in August so don't see the point. In addition, the thought of my Swansea accent on voicemail is enough to make me cringe never mind seeing myself on tv as well.

Si
Well ive seen your episode.Thought it was a good one.I see from a recent post you are are getting to ready to move.Good luck, looks like it will be a good move for you.New opportunities, new country.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Si T
Sorry for the delay getting back. We fly out in about three weeks. Only the three of us at first as my step-daughter wants to finish uni here and then follow. We have offered every possibility under the sun for her to finish uni over there and so can go knowing we have given her all the possible choices. She has had a dream to live in the USA since she was quite young and I can see her spending a year with us and then going off to follow that dream. She will have our utmost support whatever she decides.

Container is coming on Wednesday and I finish work next Friday so it's all getting very real. We have been asked to do a re-visited and so they are starting filming while we load the container. We enjoyed filming the last one so why not have another go eh?

Si
Wow - it's all go for you now! This is going to be such an emotional time for all of you - I'm dreading the last few weeks but hopefully the adventure on the other side will be worth it. I know how you feel re your stepdaughter as my 18 year old son has decided not to come out with us in August. We have tried all kinds of bribery and corruption but he has a girlfriend here and won't leave at the moment. He does say that he sees his long-term future in Oz so fingers crossed!
Hope the filming goes well - I've been really enjoying the re-visited shows - well only the ones where the families have actually ended up in Oz. Enjoy your last few days at work and good luck to you and your family for the big move.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:22 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dingle76
Watching todays episode I do wonder why the peoples Parents cannot be happy for them and just say "go and have a great time", rather than guilt tripping them.
probably because when you get old, you worry about who will look after you..

just a thought !
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:57 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Originally Posted by asprilla
probably because when you get old, you worry about who will look after you..

just a thought !
I too always wonder why the parents guilt trip and if it is for the reason suggested above which I understand maybe a legitimate worry for older people from thier point of view, I am left wondering if the parents doing the guilt tripping gave up their lives and any hopes and dreams they may have had to look after their parents............

just another thought!!!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Just watching the "Paul and Gemma" re-visited episode. What a nice family. Hope it all works out for them
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Just watching the "Paul and Gemma" re-visited episode. What a nice family. Hope it all works out for them
Was really nice to see. Two revisits and all is well!
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dingle76
Scoe very interesting to hear your points as I have just watched your episode from yesterday when you went to NZ.

I really felt for your Dad as business had become some quiet in the UK but then NZ was not what he had thought it was (in terms of climate etc) by the sound of it. He seemed very torn, wanting more work but really wanting to stay in the UK.

Straight away though I did wonder whether your Mum would be going irrelevant of what your Dad thought. I hope you all achieve what you are looking for either way
Which episode is this please.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 7:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Which episode is this please.
You need to reopen the thread Bevs only us mods can reply

EDIT I did it for you
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think I may be in the wrong place or the right place too late.