Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice
Exclamation Wanted Down Under - Series 6

The new series started today on BBC1 and will be on for the next four weeks. Available on iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006s5v8

Cheers
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Yeah watched it. Was interesting!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Was interesting to find out that an inexperienced hairdresser with her painter and decorator husband
Spoiler:
can
could potentially afford (thanks The_Wookie) to live in a brand new four bed house near Perth...

Last edited by parlex; Jan 2nd 2012 at 11:09 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

They could 'potentially' afford to live in a house around 35km north of Perth.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

ha ha , i loved it, she was an inexperienced hairdresser who was told to maybe get more experience and was waffling about her husband not being skilled enough!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I actually felt embarrased for her. It was blatantly obvious she wasn't skilled up enough.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

yeah, in the shop and thats when i started asking myself how did they get their visas?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richie penn
yeah, in the shop and thats when i started asking myself how did they get their visas?
That's a very good point!!! I wish I was an inexperienced hairdresser now...
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parlex
That's a very good point!!! I wish I was an inexperienced hairdresser now...
Did they have PR visas though? Most of the people on these shows are on tourist visas and haven't applied for the "real thing" yet. Oh - and we've found in the past that a lot of them are BE members.........
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Homebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Did anyone else find it strange that they could be £2000 better off per MONTH? ! ! Not sure their figures were correct ?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

really, i didnt know that, maybe they should say at the end when they decide its australia that they are going to try and get pr, instead of people assuming that its as easy as saying "yes we like it, i think we will move there", as we are all aware its not that easy.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

homebird, i agree alot of things on the show didnt add up, i wish they could of been a bit more specific!
joint income of £28000 yet £2000 a month better off?????????????
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Did they have PR visas though? Most of the people on these shows are on tourist visas and haven't applied for the "real thing" yet. Oh - and we've found in the past that a lot of them are BE members.........
I'm sure it said she got her visa through her hairdressing.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richie penn
homebird, i agree alot of things on the show didnt add up, i wish they could of been a bit more specific!
joint income of £28000 yet £2000 a month better off?????????????
Well the painter guy said he could earn around $70k pa, and her hairdressing was around $20-$25k I think?

Considering she isn't working in the UK, I'm guessing her added income makes a big difference.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The lady mentioned having 2 years to validate their PR visa... She was the main applicant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.