Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

madogs and Irish Men is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi Tubs

Can't say too much about my opportunity at the moment, but all i can say is you never know over here who your talking to and who they are connected with. It is very much not what you know but who and you really do need to network. You have to take people at face value, the aussies i have met are very unmaterialistic and everyone here looks the same in shorts thongs and sunnies. They don't care what Car you drive, what your house looks like, they care about the person and if your genuine.

Jane
Hi Aussiedreammer,

I have just been quickly scan reading through a few of your quotes on this thread and just wanted to say one word to You which is simply "Thankyou".

I have a dream notion of what I believe life in Oz will be like for me and my young family and I have been trying to get there with an almost unknown reason or hidden passion to get my family and myself to OZ and in your quote above you Nailed It in one sentence.

"They dont care what Car you drive", "they are very unmaterialistic" "they care about the person and if your genuine"

With these straplines you should work for the tourist board.

Again "Thankyou" for this its helped inspire me on my quest to get to OZ.

Cheers and good luck with you opportunity of a lifetime.

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

OzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really nice
Default Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Originally Posted by Simo429
people on this show do my head in!

people who are obsessed with the house instead of the life they could have!

i dont think the bbc show them the best life they could have either

Thats why soulless new estates in the middle of nowhere are filled with POMs counting the number of bedrooms thay have.