Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Wanted Down Under

Good one Jen. How are your plans and assessments etc for Aus coming on
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Good one Jen. How are your plans and assessments etc for Aus coming on
I've everything done (except meds and pccs) bar get a CO....and dear knows when that'll happen! lol

You got your visa application lodged or are you gonna see what happens with the WDU thing first?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Glad the interview went well hun, kids eh! I can guarantee my youngest would embarrass me farting or doing his Michael Jackson hip thrusting dance!!!!

Obviously they dont want the likes of me on their programme anyway as we've still heard nowt. I must've put them off in my phone interview,lmao

Hope you hear soon.

Jo xx
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Just got word that assessment was successful and thay are now processing the visa application for PR which should apparently take between 9-12 months. I don't think WDU will make much difference to be honest as we only thought of it as a bonus and pos providing my wife with an better idea of what to expect before the move.
Your process seems to be going through faster than ours although I think you once said it was only a temp visa whereas ours is a PR?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your kind interest Nanny. Our kids were on form only moments before by dancing and singing, then once the lads came they clamped and decided to misbehave. My eldest has never wanted to go to Aus, not even for a holiday, today though for the first time she actually said that she wanted to go but only for a holiday!
Don't give up hope though perhaps they will contact you next year.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Just got word that assessment was successful and thay are now processing the visa application for PR which should apparently take between 9-12 months. I don't think WDU will make much difference to be honest as we only thought of it as a bonus and pos providing my wife with an better idea of what to expect before the move.
Your process seems to be going through faster than ours although I think you once said it was only a temp visa whereas ours is a PR?
No no, I'm waiting on a GSM 175 visa which is PR.....my process is going nowhere fast, I lodged visa application in Feb 09 and don't expect to hear anything for a long time to come! What's your skill, are you on the CSL?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Just read in the local rag that the wanted down under team are filming in Darwin -I believe the first family arrive today for filming and they are doing 5 couples, filming finishing in august.Seems like a lot of filming just for darwin.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi There

It takes a while to film 5 groups. If each lot of filming takes one week, they'll be taking a look around first and getting the shots they need of Darwin before the families arrive. They'll then most probably go back over some at the end so they can cut and paste at edit. 45 minutes programme 9 full 8 hours a day filming.

J
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Not quite what I meant. I meant to say I was surprised they were filming 5 couples as Darwin is a small city and these programs tended to focus on the more popular areas to migrate to in oz.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Wanted Down Under

Sorry, didn't mean my reply to sound so abrupt like it did, must of been having a bad day.

I think they need to show different areas of Australia and not just the capitals or areas people are familiar with. Not everyone gets the chance to come on a reccie and although it is a brief glimpse of an area it may be an area they would like.

We live in a more rural area, 45 mins from the beach in a house that's totally different than those you'd find in the UK. We're not in a brick house on town water right next to the person next door. We live here because we like it and it was more affordable than living in one of the more popular destinations. This also comes with problems as migrants to the area (we're not local and they let us know in more ways than one). We travel 1.5hrs a day to work further distance wise than we would of in the UK but the same travelling time.

J
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:02 am
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Robw4
Hi, can my Dad apply for the show with an interest in an Business Owner Visa?
^
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I am pretty sure that he can apply. They have had people on the show before who are looking to buy a business when they get to Oz. No harm in applying

Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:00 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I am pretty sure that he can apply. They have had people on the show before who are looking to buy a business when they get to Oz. No harm in applying

Thanks, ill look into this. He will be happy to hear it.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hope I'm not boring anyone with this thread but just to let those who might be intersted know that we have been successful and will be going to Perth at the end of August to be filmed for a week. Initially it was supposed to be September but my employer would not give me time off, even as unpaid!
August doesn't look warm and we are expecting plenty of rain which I doubt will convince my wife that it's the correct move.
Sorry but I ain't going to say who we are for now but for a suttle hint, the negative remarks after the show will mention an old git with a beautiful young lady (I'm the old git!!).
My wife also has a few questions for those in Perth etc so please help if you can.
Thanks again for all your help, advice and funny comments.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hope I'm not boring anyone with this thread but just to let those who might be intersted know that we have been successful and will be going to Perth at the end of August to be filmed for a week. Initially it was supposed to be September but my employer would not give me time off, even as unpaid!
August doesn't look warm and we are expecting plenty of rain which I doubt will convince my wife that it's the correct move.
Sorry but I ain't going to say who we are for now but for a suttle hint, the negative remarks after the show will mention an old git with a beautiful young lady (I'm the old git!!).
My wife also has a few questions for those in Perth etc so please help if you can.
Thanks again for all your help, advice and funny comments.
Woo hoo well done! Can I come?! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.