Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to send a box to U.K.

Cheapest way to send a box to U.K.

Old Nov 11th 2017, 10:30 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheapest way to send a box to U.K.

Thread title says it all but looking for cheapest way to get a box (care package) to son in London by Xmas
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to send a box to U.K.

Order on amazon uk. Postage will then be free or much cheaper. Or even from any supermarket. Or send high street vouchers.
Seriously we never post packages to U.K. Just order something on line from the vast array of uk stores.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:20 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately things being sent are for my 18yr son, first Xmas away, and a lot of personal items from family and friends that amazon can't provide.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see. Have you checked on line for services? Not sure how much oz post charge but the service to the UK is much better than that from the UK!

I’m sure someone will have a personal recommendation soon. I think when I sent my son in the UK personal stuff (his childhood advent tree filled with goodies) I used DHL which was the most cost effective at the time.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Worth checking to avoid any VAT, http://britishexpats.com/forum/overs...ing-uk-894517/.

I sent stuff to my daughter in the UK, who was actually en-route to reside in NY. It was a b*gger emailing and talking to the shipper, DHL, to get them not to apply VAT on her personal belongings. It could have been avoided if the agent she used in Melbourne had told her which form to use. If I were sending again I would choose https://packsend.com.au/.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 12:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608

I sent stuff to my daughter in the UK, who was actually en-route to reside in NY. It was a b*gger emailing and talking to the shipper, DHL, to get them not to apply VAT on her personal belongings. It could have been avoided if the agent she used in Melbourne had told her which form to use. If I were sending again I would choose https://packsend.com.au/.
Had friends who used that sitte, they reckoned it was excellent.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 10:22 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Thanks heaps, will see about them. Young master, first time away, especially at Xmas, have teamed up with his mates to send him the most sarcastic parcel with personal touch.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 5:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Worth checking to avoid any VAT, http://britishexpats.com/forum/overs...ing-uk-894517/.

DHL have got form for charging VAT on personal effects and non chargeable items. They will conveniently charge and invoice the receiver and then hound them until they pay. There are many many threads throughout the internet about it.

S