44.12%
Main wage is over $1250 pw and we are Unhappy with living standard
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Wages in OZ. Are you happy with yours ?

Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wages in OZ. Are you happy with yours ?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
There's a Stefan in Capalaba, i've seen the wifes credit card receipts !!!

Stefan is still around???

We used to have a great time when we used to be drunk impersonating him when he does his little "infomercials"....

I had hoped he had been run outta town by now....

Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:40 am
Badge

I suppose the high earners are happy to participate in this poll, whereas the low earners don't want to bother(!)

BM

Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose thinking about it, the brits coming over have to go through hoops to get here, and so may be better than the average ? Which is obviously what the Australian government would be wanting.
I'm just wondering - after ABCs earlier comment - the higher wage earners are likely to be here on skills visas, whereas those of us who came out on spouse visas have had to put less money in (no bonds etc) and have had less hoops to jump through. We weren't considering jobs and money so much when migrating, more the personal aspects.
Just a personal theory, but I bet spouse visas cover a wider range of incomes, whereas skills visas are more likely to be in the higher bracket?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:17 am
ABCDiamond

I'm not sure if I like the results of this poll !

We are now in the bottom 25% of these earners !! Just as well I am not here for the money

Polly: Most spouse visa holders may also be secondary family incomes, (although not all), so would not be in this poll as the main family wage.

Next poll could be one for the secondary income ? Which would logically have lower averages, but then thats gets complex, as some will be part time etc. Probably need a 100 options to get all the answers

Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like these polls, followed one that showed the least likely place people would leave australia from (ie go back to UK) showed up darwin and canberra, simply because nobody really goes there to start with. Please dont get pedantic, I mean hardly anyone in comparisom to say NSW or something.

Plus I watched when this wages poll first went up, three $1250 plus popped up straight away, very funny if you were watching who was online at the time!

Another amusing poll was where the majority of posters had been to OZ prior to emigrating, which makes rather a mockery of the questions asked on here that are blindlingly obvious that most have never got closer to OZ than crikey mate its the Mr Irwin show

Instead of voting in which anyone can put any old clack just to swing the argument, I'll say

Me builder wage totally unpredictable, but if I was a carpenter on wages I would earn just over $1000 a week gross.

Wifes administration job, pays $620 gross a week.

Son is now on comission but as a property manager qualified he earnt $495 gross a week.

Wifes friend sitting here earns as a registered nurse employed casually $19.60 an hour.

Most aussies are not shy to tell you what they do and what they earn, ask away
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:08 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

It's an odd situation. I'm earning well over AUD$1250 a week here in the US, but I know I'm not going to be earning that when I get home as the job I do here doesn't exist in Australia.

So, what I'll actually get once I get a job back home is anyone's guess.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Sorry ABC..i have messe dup your poll..i put in the net weekly wage by mistake

We just scrape into the top earning bracket!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I dont like these polls....
Plus I watched when this wages poll first went up, three $1250 plus popped up straight away, very funny if you were watching who was online at the time!
Are you trying to say that some people say things to mislead others ? Who was online then ?

I dont like these polls,
Another amusing poll was where the majority of posters had been to OZ prior to emigrating, which makes rather a mockery of the questions asked on here that are blindlingly obvious that most have never got closer to OZ than crikey mate its the Mr Irwin show
What is it that is blindingly obvious ?, and to who ? A lot of people haven't been here, and are asking questions about it because they would like to find out answers or ideas.

I dont like these polls,
Instead of voting in which anyone can put any old clack just to swing the argument, I'll say

Me builder wage totally unpredictable, but if I was a carpenter on wages I would earn just over $1000 a week gross.
Most people could write any figure they wanted to, a different figure to what they do earn if they really wanted to. But why would they ? Unless they only come on here to stir up trouble, but i think that most people here, with information to give, just want to have friendly chats and help others when they can.

Most aussies are not shy to tell you what they do and what they earn, ask away
Start your own thread, don't hijack mine This is an anonymous Poll for the main wage earner.