Visa Sticker

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:05 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Sticker

Long Story,

But i am here in Blighty, just realised my passport runs out in twelve weeks, so if i want to get out, i can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway..............i have just processed an online form to apply for my new passport. You fill it out, they print it off, check it, post it to you, you take it to the post office, with pics and cash, they re-check, send it all off, takes about two weeks after the visit to the posty!!!!!!!!!!!

So all good there, what worries me is my PR visa sticker is in my old passport then. My luck i go through customs in Brissy, they don't know its me, because my sticker is in my old passport number?

Is there any way you can get a dupicate sticker in your new passport??????

Whats the process, cost, address to send to etc etc, if any? Has anyone recieved there new passport and gone through the process themselves???

Cheers Keith
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Sticker

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Long Story,

But i am here in Blighty, just realised my passport runs out in twelve weeks, so if i want to get out, i can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway..............i have just processed an online form to apply for my new passport. You fill it out, they print it off, check it, post it to you, you take it to the post office, with pics and cash, they re-check, send it all off, takes about two weeks after the visit to the posty!!!!!!!!!!!

So all good there, what worries me is my PR visa sticker is in my old passport then. My luck i go through customs in Brissy, they don't know its me, because my sticker is in my old passport number?

Is there any way you can get a dupicate sticker in your new passport??????

Whats the process, cost, address to send to etc etc, if any? Has anyone recieved there new passport and gone through the process themselves???

Cheers Keith

Long reply.

Send it off to Oz house in London (or visit yourself) with your visa letter and they will do a visa stamp in your passport.

We sent ours by special delivery on the Saturday (with a return special delivery envelope) and we got them back by special delivery on the Tuesday morning - 2 days. Very efficient.

Cost will be SD there and a pre-paid SD envelope back.

The address will be on your visa grant letter.

You may want to send a covering letter (and old passport) explaining your new passport.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jun 3rd 2010 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:41 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Long reply.

Send it off to Oz house in London (or visit yourself) with your visa letter and they will do a visa stamp in your passport.

We sent ours by special delivery on the Saturday (with a return special delivery envelope) and we got them back by special delivery on the Tuesday morning - 2 days. Very efficient.

Cost will be SD there and a pre-paid SD envelope back.

The address will be on your visa grant letter.

You may want to send a covering letter (and old passport) explaining your new passport.

Cheers mate,

Just found this link and my grant letter.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658838

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

Reckon i will get my new passport then send off my new passport, the 929 form, and my visa grant letter to the same address i originally sent my old passport off to get my original sticker, the address in my Visa Evidencing - United Kingdom.pdf.............. i recieved with my grant email?

Mail Service Send your passport by secure mail (Special Delivery silver pouch recommended for clients in the UK) to:

Visa Evidencing Unit
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London
WC2B 4LA.

That way i hope everything should be updated on their systems relative to my new passport and new sticker?

Keith
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Cheers mate,

Just found this link and my grant letter.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658838

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

Reckon i will get my new passport then send off my new passport, the 929 form, and my visa grant letter to the same address i originally sent my old passport off to get my original sticker, the address in my Visa Evidencing - United Kingdom.pdf.............. i recieved with my grant email?

Mail Service Send your passport by secure mail (Special Delivery silver pouch recommended for clients in the UK) to:

Visa Evidencing Unit
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London
WC2B 4LA.

That way i hope everything should be updated on their systems relative to my new passport and new sticker?

Keith
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:40 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Long reply.

we got them back by special delivery on the Tuesday morning - 2 days. Very efficient.
Fab news that turnaround is quick - sending our 2mos but was worried about timescales despite assurances of 3 working days, as need passports fairly sharpish.

By the way - blog is fantastic - I loved the piccys, especially White tulip - Wow you're talented!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could just carry both passports? My wife did it when we travelled to USA in December and had no problems.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

my passport was renewed in January and I asked Aussie House about visa, they just said carry old passport too. No need for new label as it's all on their computer system at the airport!

When you going back Keith? Think we'll be september!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think AHC will put replacement stickers in new passports. I'm sure you have to carry both when you come back and then go to your nearest DIAC office where they will do it immediately.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rahrah
Fab news that turnaround is quick - sending our 2mos but was worried about timescales despite assurances of 3 working days, as need passports fairly sharpish.

By the way - blog is fantastic - I loved the piccys, especially White tulip - Wow you're talented!
Thanks RahRah. Yes it is the most efficient part of the whole visa process.

Originally Posted by MrCro
my passport was renewed in January and I asked Aussie House about visa, they just said carry old passport too. No need for new label as it's all on their computer system at the airport!

When you going back Keith? Think we'll be september!
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't think AHC will put replacement stickers in new passports. I'm sure you have to carry both when you come back and then go to your nearest DIAC office where they will do it immediately.
Simple then.

I would never have thought of that, cause I'm not a simple guy.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I would never have thought of that, cause I'm not a simple guy.
You sure? Most blokes are.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You sure? Most blokes are.
I can be, when the situation requires it. It all depends on the subject matter.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

This thread sent us in to complete panic when I read it last week as we've just had to renew our daughters passport. We were told by Australia House when we had the visas put in our passports that when hers expired we just had to take both the old one with the visa stamp in it & the new one when we travel. So when I read that we needed to get a new visa stamp in it......... Hubby's emailed Oz House to double check so I'm now relieved again to see more posts on here confirming what we were originally told.

Alison x
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by al150n
This thread sent us in to complete panic when I read it last week as we've just had to renew our daughters passport. We were told by Australia House when we had the visas put in our passports that when hers expired we just had to take both the old one with the visa stamp in it & the new one when we travel. So when I read that we needed to get a new visa stamp in it......... Hubby's emailed Oz House to double check so I'm now relieved again to see more posts on here confirming what we were originally told.

Alison x

And breathe out.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:02 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by al150n

Alison x

That's all you have to do - carry both. It's all my oh had to do until his visa expired and the new one was put in his new passport.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I was about to phone Oz House today as all 4 children's passports are running out over the next 2 months.

So thats another item crossed off the list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.