Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa arrival / Paradise Resort

Visa arrival / Paradise Resort

Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future
Default Visa arrival / Paradise Resort

Can anyone help with 2 q's as i go on my reccie

1) When you arrive -I have ny 136 visa ready to be validated. Do i need anything else when I arrive - other entry visa etc and do I just go through standard customs and get it stamped?

2 ) Has anyone stayed at Paradise Resort - Surfers- seems to get mixed reports on Trip Advisor -interested in anyone who had been there recently

Cheers
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:41 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa arrival / Paradise Resort

Originally Posted by Iando
1) When you arrive -I have ny 136 visa ready to be validated. Do i need anything else when I arrive - other entry visa etc and do I just go through standard customs and get it stamped?
You don't need another visa. The 136 is enough . You just go through immigration and that's all. They do usually stamp your passport, but that doesn't really matter. They always scan your passport and that's the important bit. You're then "in the system". That's all there is to "validation".

Gina
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:57 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone help with 2 q's as i go on my reccie

2 ) Has anyone stayed at Paradise Resort - Surfers- seems to get mixed reports on Trip Advisor -interested in anyone who had been there recently

Cheers
We stayed at the Paradise Resort last June. I would liken it to Butlins. The kids club is fab, but the accomodation is a bit pants. We were talking to a real estate guy in Surfers and the resort has been earmarked for demolition and redevelopment in the not too distant future.

I don't think it was worth the money for us. The kids did like the kids club; but I think the first session started at 8.30 (a little early for us on holiday); then they had an afternoon session and an evening session (but not everything co-incided for our kids age groups; i.e. two could do the evening session and one couldn't).

If you have kids that are intending to use the kids club all day, everyday, then it may be worth it; just don't expect much from the accommodation - it's very dated and tatty.

Hope this helps!

Jules x
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:02 am
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point

my sister stayed at this resort and the rooms were very large but very grotty - she was very disappointed - especially as photographs of the resort look really nice. -

deb
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

Thanks all for the quick responses - made my mind up on the Paradise - pics did look good as well!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:01 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the quick responses - made my mind up on the Paradise - pics did look good as well!
They were probably taken in the 80's when it was freshly refurbed!!!

You can find much nicer places to stay imo.

Good luck,

Jules x
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Brisbane Holiday Village much better value IMO. Much more central and far better value for money.

Google them - the Cosmo Cabin is fab!