Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Violence erupts in South Sydney - 5000 people gathered

Violence erupts in South Sydney - 5000 people gathered

Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:20 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney Cronulla Beach Mob: middle-east appearance people and ambulance are attac

Originally Posted by bondipom
Poor you having to listen to that crap. Hope you weren't forced to listen to that bigot Alan Jones. There definitely seems to be a big media wind up looking for a story that didn't exist until the weekend.
I can assure you i am not the kind of woman who gets forced to do anything.
That aside, being new to this region, i am not up to speed on the various talkback stations available and which ones are better than others. This happened to be the first one my car radio tuned into and i have been listening to it to get a feel for what happens in Sydney.
If you know of a better one that isnt full of spin doctors and hype fanatics i would appreciate you telling me.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Cronulla Beach Mob: middle-east appearance people and ambulance are attac

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I can assure you i am not the kind of woman who gets forced to do anything.
That aside, being new to this region, i am not up to speed on the various talkback stations available and which ones are better than others. This happened to be the first one my car radio tuned into and i have been listening to it to get a feel for what happens in Sydney.
If you know of a better one that isnt full of spin doctors and hype fanatics i would appreciate you telling me.
Sometimes people play it at work for a laugh. I don't listen to talk back as it seems to bring the worst out of people and achieves nothing but airing the views of the extreme and bigoted elements of society.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Re: Violence erupts in South Sydney - 5000 people gathered

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
A sad day for Australia.

Sad for me too, when my wife, half Hispanic, asked me several times last night, "Do you think I could be targetted? What about our baby?" She was actually frightened, after seeing white girls attack a middle-eastern or mediterranean girl on TV (called 'Wogs' here...nice).
Not necessarily a sad day as hopefully the issues will now be out in the open.

Not much chance of it happening at Bondi...to hard to find a place to park the Valiant.

The term 'wogs' is not unknown here. A comedian has made a nice career out of 'Wogs out of Work'. Like the Kumars.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

ozbear is an unknown quantity at this point

Police should be blamed at first....
what did police do when those middle-east gangsters were making trouble aroud? It has been ages since those middle-east gangsters became "famous"..

If police could have fixed it early, there would be no today's drama, and no innocent middle-east tourists would be beaten by white gangsters.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like its really going off - Paris Mark II soon? "Aussies" versus "Lebs and Wogs" according to the text messages... Shocking.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...23.html?page=2

Did anyone see it? 5000 people gathered apparently. On Channel 9 right now..."beginnings of a race war"

Oh please don't put stuff like this on here you know some people don't want to know about Australias problems and will have a go if you post stuff like this. Australia = Paradise where all your problems go away and your life becomes fantastic!!!!
I've seen this coming for a few years now, but as some will say we've seen it all before in the UK
Everything in context there's bad stuff happens no matter where you live well apart from my town in North Yorskhire, best place to live in UK honestly
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:54 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

It was interesting to see the 'white' context of the Australian flag, and the chanting of Waltzing Matilda/Aussie Aussie Aussie/Advance Australia Fair in the riots, among the nationalist party distributing leaflets, etc. It is sad to think that the flag may be hijacked like the St George Cross was.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:19 am

A good article on some context of ethnic and sub-culture troubles in Sydney:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/paul-shee...235944844.html
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sydney Cronulla Beach Mob: middle-east appearance people and ambulance are attacked

Originally Posted by soapy
anything happening in north sydney?
Naw mate, it's all good up here.
A little known secret is the Spit Bridge has a bogan westie trouble sensor.
As they drive across in their plastic fantastic/v8/holden hoon...

the spring loaded bridge fires them back the way they came.

The northern beaches are an unspoilt paradise for the chosen ones
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:00 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

"It's not the Australian way" say many vox pops on the TV.

I'm afraid that it IS becoming just that. Years of tolerance of drunkeness and yob behaviour is begetting exactly what is happening on the beaches.

6 months in Manly showed us how it's going here. I can't see it getting any better until the judiciary back up the police and lock these people away for a long time. (Unless of course they hang 'em...)
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:22 am

Default Re: Sydney Cronulla Beach Mob: middle-east appearance people and ambulance are attacked

Originally Posted by gedge
Naw mate, it's all good up here.
A little known secret is the Spit Bridge has a bogan westie trouble sensor.
As they drive across in their plastic fantastic/v8/holden hoon...

the spring loaded bridge fires them back the way they came.

The northern beaches are an unspoilt paradise for the chosen ones
You should patent that idea.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:28 am

gedge has disabled reputation

You should patent that idea.
I've a great idea for toll gates too.
The cost is based on the noise level of the car as it approaches.
The louder the exhaust/sound system, the higher the toll.
That way you can deter the undesirables from coming to the nicer areas.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by gedge
I've a great idea for toll gates too.
The cost is based on the noise level of the car as it approaches.
The louder the exhaust/sound system, the higher the toll.
That way you can deter the undesirables from coming to the nicer areas.
I had an idea for 4x4 reduction. A scanner scans your car at strategic points around Sydney. If the car is shiney/clean, the owner gets heavily taxed. If the sensor detects red dust/muck and therefore probably a genuine need for a 4x4, the owner does not get taxed. I'm working on the details.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

I think the main point in this situation is that there is a problem with gangs. It doesn't matter what ethnic background the young violent male is from. In Toronto their black, that doesn't mean we don't want anyone in our country that is black!!!! We want the police and judicial system to put some fear and respect into these lost boys. I was actually born in Lebanon so I take particular offence to these riots, I'm presbyterian by religion, so...would that make me okay? Is it religion, country of birth, colour of skin or just a bunch of drunken boys trying to prove that their men by beating people up? These "lebs" should have been arrested and charged because they are violent individuals and sadly every culture and country and religion has their share of violent and ignorant people, the aussie's should also have been charged. Maybe alcohol shouldn't be allowed on the beach because it often fuels the fire.

Nicanjoe
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice day at the beach

Originally Posted by Banksia
Based on a news picture of crowds at Bondi and Cronulla on Saturday, there were many more at Cronulla today than one might expect. Looks very much like a rent a crowd of troublemakers looking for a brawl. Those who really wanted to go to the beach today for standrd beach pursuits had plenty of others to go choose from.

News reports suggest community shame is kicking in already.
I honestly put this down, as the biggest disaster in Australia since the ash wednesday fires.

This is going to change Australia.

After finding out about the shock jocks reactions to this, they bear a lot of the responsibility, media power gone mad.

If there was ever a case for broadcasting licenses to be removed this has to be something to be closely looked at.

What a bloody sad 24 hours.

I just hope we can keep it out of Melbourne.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:21 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
I think the main point in this situation is that there is a problem with gangs. It doesn't matter what ethnic background the young violent male is from. In Toronto their black, that doesn't mean we don't want anyone in our country that is black!!!! We want the police and judicial system to put some fear and respect into these lost boys. I was actually born in Lebanon so I take particular offence to these riots, I'm presbyterian by religion, so...would that make me okay? Is it religion, country of birth, colour of skin or just a bunch of drunken boys trying to prove that their men by beating people up? These "lebs" should have been arrested and charged because they are violent individuals and sadly every culture and country and religion has their share of violent and ignorant people, the aussie's should also have been charged. Maybe alcohol shouldn't be allowed on the beach because it often fuels the fire.

Nicanjoe

Absolutely spot on!
Most of it is idiotic, testosterone fuelled teenage boys who think they are men by intimidating others and that goes for all races, creeds and religions. Even the northern beaches dont escape as it is well known that hoards of "mummies little princes" create havoc on Manly Beach and ther areas, once they have spent their pocket money on beer or drugs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.