Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:56 am   #1
LouP82 
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
LouP82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria or Queensland

Good Morning all,

Myself and my husband have just started our Visa process to make the move over to Australia and due to the restrictions on my husbands job we have the option of either Victoria or Queensland.

Ideally we are looking for a family friendly area as we have a little girl of 16month. We currently live near the coast in the UK therefore being within reach of a beach is important. Also having good primary schools close by is important as my husband is a teacher.

Please excuse my ignorance as we are very much at the start of our journey and I am just currently researching various area.

If anyone has any advice/knowledge I would be really greatful.

Louise
LouP82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:29 am   #2
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,786
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouP82 View Post
Good Morning all,

Myself and my husband have just started our Visa process to make the move over to Australia and due to the restrictions on my husbands job we have the option of either Victoria or Queensland.

Ideally we are looking for a family friendly area as we have a little girl of 16month. We currently live near the coast in the UK therefore being within reach of a beach is important. Also having good primary schools close by is important as my husband is a teacher.

Please excuse my ignorance as we are very much at the start of our journey and I am just currently researching various area.

If anyone has any advice/knowledge I would be really greatful.

Louise
Victoria
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 5:15 am   #3
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,368
jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouP82 View Post
Good Morning all,

Myself and my husband have just started our Visa process to make the move over to Australia and due to the restrictions on my husbands job we have the option of either Victoria or Queensland.

Ideally we are looking for a family friendly area as we have a little girl of 16month. We currently live near the coast in the UK therefore being within reach of a beach is important. Also having good primary schools close by is important as my husband is a teacher.

Please excuse my ignorance as we are very much at the start of our journey and I am just currently researching various area.

If anyone has any advice/knowledge I would be really greatful.

Louise
I have lived in both, live mostly in Victoria, still have business in QLD and live overseas for about 4 months a year.

QLD and VIC are very different states, with huge areas of difference in each one.

But to summarize, QLD is far less populated and competitive. Jobs, houses, commuting in VIC usually involves a stampede of people for anything.

Housing in QLD will be half the price, incomes similar.

But you MUST like serious heat to consider QLD. Spring currently, melb is mid teens to twenty daytime, QLD is mid 20's to mid 30's. That 34 in bris on the weekend will be first of many over the next 8 months! It can wear you down just as the volume of people in Melb can wear you down.

However as a teacher are you being offered the sought after beachy, city locations in either. Or the hard to fill jobs in rural, drought, outback, troubled communities which exist in both States.

I was dining with a unemployed teacher in melbourne just this week he said some jobs had over 200 applicants, and had almost given up and was tutoring at night instead.

If you have some towns in mind, I am sure people can give more specific advice.
__________________
Itinerant member ....
jad n rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 6:12 am   #4
quoll Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
quoll's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,948
quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Has he actually got a job? I think it might rather depend on where he can get a job because every man and his dog wants a teaching job in a nice family friendly area close to a beach. You might have to compromise on the beach because there are potentially more teaching vacancies hundreds of miles from a beach. The more rural you get the less satisfying it is for kids but kids grow up all over Australia so I guess anywhere will be family friendly.
quoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 6:30 am   #5
BE Enthusiast
 
Still Game's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In a big country, dreams stay with you ...
Posts: 724
Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

I've just moved to Brisbane and there are a huge amount of things to do with kids. A lot free also (google South Bank Brisbane and cultural area) for a start.

Yeronga is my suggested suburb (if you can afford to buy there. Quite a few rental properties available).

However. It's hot - it's humid. I'm struggling already and it's just out of "winter". I don't do well in humidity (dry heat is ok). We're just here as OH secured a good job here before arriving.

As far as I have found, people have been very friendly and polite. We've explored a bit too.

Do I recommend it? Too early to say. I can say we've had a very positive start. The heat tho .... the heat. It's not even near summer yet.....
Still Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 6:39 am   #6
Moreland Member
 
ozzieeagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,866
ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Game View Post
I've just moved to Brisbane and there are a huge amount of things to do with kids. A lot free also (google South Bank Brisbane and cultural area) for a start.

Yeronga is my suggested suburb (if you can afford to buy there. Quite a few rental properties available).

However. It's hot - it's humid. I'm struggling already and it's just out of "winter". I don't do well in humidity (dry heat is ok). We're just here as OH secured a good job here before arriving.

As far as I have found, people have been very friendly and polite. We've explored a bit too.

Do I recommend it? Too early to say. I can say we've had a very positive start. The heat tho .... the heat. It's not even near summer yet.....

Hehe

I reckon you and the OP haven't seen this yet. It fits Queensland as well.



August 31st

Just got transferred with work into our new home in Karratha, Western Australia, now this is a town that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings.

What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on the veranda. It was beautiful. I've finally found my my home. I love it here.



September 13th

Really heating up. Got to 35 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.



September 30th

ad the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but i love it here.



October 10th

This temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat.

At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.



October 15th

Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.



October 20th

I missed Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time i got to the hot car for lunch, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $3,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran way. The car now smells like Wiskettes and cat sh1t. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.



October 25th

The wind sucks. It feels like a giant fxxking blow dryer!! And its hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the blink and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needed to order parts.



October 30th

Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside.

Why did I ever come here



November 4th

Its 38 degrees. Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixe today. It cost $1,500 and gets the temp down to 25, but the bloody humidity makes the house feel like its about 30. Stupid repairman.



I hate this stupid fxxkin place.



November 8th

If another wise arse cracks, "hot enough for you today" I'm going to fxxkin throttle him. Fxxkin heat!

By the time I get to work, the car's radiator was boiling over, my clothes are soaking fukin wet, and I smell like baked cat!!



November 9th

Tried to run some messages agyer work. Worse shorts, and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car.

I though my fxxkin arse was on fire. I lost to layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my fxxkin arse. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass and baked cat.



November 10th

The weather report might aswell be a fxxkin recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and fukin sunny.

It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn fukin place? Water rationing will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms just might dry up and bow into the fukin pool. Even the palms can't live in this fxxkin heat.



November 14th

Welcome to HELL!!!! Temperature got to 41 today. Now the air-conditioner's gone in my car.

The repairman came to fix i and said "hot enough for you today?"

My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail my ass out of fail for assaulting the stupid fxxker. Fxxk Karratha! What kind of sick demented fukin idiot would want to live here?



December 1st

WHAT????? This is the first day of Summer??? You are fxxkin kiddin!!!
__________________
http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/g/h/3/p/y/7/image.gallery.galleryLandscape.620x414.gh3mu3.png/1431853071627.jpg
ozzieeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:42 am   #7
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,786
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Game View Post
However. It's hot - it's humid. I'm struggling already and it's just out of "winter". I don't do well in humidity (dry heat is ok).
That is hilarious. I am sure we warned you.

Anyhow, Brisbane has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world right next to the city for an evening dip after work. Enjoy.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:48 am   #8
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 948
carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad n rich View Post
I have lived in both, live mostly in Victoria, still have business in QLD and live overseas for about 4 months a year.

QLD and VIC are very different states, with huge areas of difference in each one.

But to summarize, QLD is far less populated and competitive. Jobs, houses, commuting in VIC usually involves a stampede of people for anything.

Housing in QLD will be half the price, incomes similar.

But you MUST like serious heat to consider QLD. Spring currently, melb is mid teens to twenty daytime, QLD is mid 20's to mid 30's. That 34 in bris on the weekend will be first of many over the next 8 months! It can wear you down just as the volume of people in Melb can wear you down.

However as a teacher are you being offered the sought after beachy, city locations in either. Or the hard to fill jobs in rural, drought, outback, troubled communities which exist in both States.

I was dining with a unemployed teacher in melbourne just this week he said some jobs had over 200 applicants, and had almost given up and was tutoring at night instead.

If you have some towns in mind, I am sure people can give more specific advice.
Only 200 applicants? I know of a teaching job recently that attracted over 1,000 applications.

Does your primary husband teacher have previous Australian work contacts or previous Australian work experience? If so, disregard below. If you are coming in with no significant Australian professional network or experience, keep reading:

Secondary employment outlook is far better than it is for primary, which is oversubscribed just about everywhere.

The chances for someone coming from overseas, to walk into a primary job in a family-oriented beach community near Brisbane are nil.

The way to do it here, is to get on the relief lists, and if you are any good, when something pops open you will be given consideration.

Or, head to an inland country town (but not an Outback one) and try there. I say, not an Outback one because in a tiny Outback community there won't be housing available to rent, or it will be astronomically expensive (as a casual you won't be eligible for government housing subsidies that teachers get).

Historically what happens for teachers is that when you are new, you start in Outback or hardship postings, and then transfer increasingly closer to the city. So your husband as a primary teacher will not just be competing with all the teachers floating around that particular Brisbane suburb but everyone country in Queensland who wants to transfer into the city, as well as hundreds of graduates being pumped out into the job market.

However, some private schools are still recruiting in Melbourne, but not like they were a few years ago, and they are aiming at graduates - all of which should make you wary.

All of which is a long-winded way to say Queensland, because your employment odds are probably greater there. But really you need to do a recce to visit both some towns in interior Queensland and perhaps the mid-north coast, as well as northern interior Victoria, visit schools in person and gauge what the market is like there.

I don't mean this to be negative or to be a bucket of ice water, but it is reality, and the sooner you realise that the better. If family-oriented beach community in or around Melbourne or Brisbane is non-negotiable - hope for the best but make Plan B for the probability that primary teaching there won't happen in the near future. If you're willing to go country interior more things may be possible.
carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:50 am   #9
BE Forum Addict
 
verystormy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,848
verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

The heat was the main thing I disliked in Oz. When I moved back last year the first morning was one of those fantastic early spring days. Blue sky, frost and -3. I was in heaven.
verystormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:12 pm   #10
Moreland Member
 
ozzieeagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,866
ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

The other thing that needs to be pointed out IMO, is Australian Cities overall barely suffer from that inner urban stigma and social problems that exist in the UK. Whereas conversely, many Australian country towns have quite entrenched issues, as extreme as inner urban UK.

Not all mind you, but you have to do your homework. EG: Benalla Victoria, probably as bad as anywhere in the UK.... Whereas Warrnambool, Echuca relatively free of issues.
__________________
http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/g/h/3/p/y/7/image.gallery.galleryLandscape.620x414.gh3mu3.png/1431853071627.jpg
ozzieeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:31 pm   #11
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 948
carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
The other thing that needs to be pointed out IMO, is Australian Cities overall barely suffer from that inner urban stigma and social problems that exist in the UK. Whereas conversely, many Australian country towns have quite entrenched issues, as extreme as inner urban UK.

Not all mind you, but you have to do your homework. EG: Benalla Victoria, probably as bad as anywhere in the UK.... Whereas Warrnambool, Echuca relatively free of issues.
This is spot on. Drug and crime issues can be rife in country towns, often to a greater extent than in the cities.

OP's husband will not be getting a primary teaching job in Warnnambool. The nicer country towns, are even finder to hard teaching work in than the cities, because there are limited jobs available and everyone who wants to transfer from the Outback or interior but doesn't want to go to the city, tries to go there.
carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:35 pm   #12
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,786
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by verystormy View Post
The heat was the main thing I disliked in Oz. When I moved back last year the first morning was one of those fantastic early spring days. Blue sky, frost and -3. I was in heaven.
Oz is not Perth.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:01 am   #13
BE Enthusiast
 
Still Game's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: In a big country, dreams stay with you ...
Posts: 724
Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Hehe

I reckon you and the OP haven't seen this yet. It fits Queensland as well.



August 31st

Just got transferred with work into our new home in Karratha, Western Australia, now this is a town that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings.

What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on the veranda. It was beautiful. I've finally found my my home. I love it here.



September 13th

Really heating up. Got to 35 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.



September 30th

ad the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but i love it here.



October 10th

This temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat.

At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.



October 15th

Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.



October 20th

I missed Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time i got to the hot car for lunch, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $3,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran way. The car now smells like Wiskettes and cat sh1t. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.



October 25th

The wind sucks. It feels like a giant fxxking blow dryer!! And its hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the blink and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needed to order parts.



October 30th

Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside.

Why did I ever come here



November 4th

Its 38 degrees. Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixe today. It cost $1,500 and gets the temp down to 25, but the bloody humidity makes the house feel like its about 30. Stupid repairman.



I hate this stupid fxxkin place.



November 8th

If another wise arse cracks, "hot enough for you today" I'm going to fxxkin throttle him. Fxxkin heat!

By the time I get to work, the car's radiator was boiling over, my clothes are soaking fukin wet, and I smell like baked cat!!



November 9th

Tried to run some messages agyer work. Worse shorts, and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car.

I though my fxxkin arse was on fire. I lost to layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my fxxkin arse. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass and baked cat.



November 10th

The weather report might aswell be a fxxkin recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and fukin sunny.

It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn fukin place? Water rationing will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms just might dry up and bow into the fukin pool. Even the palms can't live in this fxxkin heat.



November 14th

Welcome to HELL!!!! Temperature got to 41 today. Now the air-conditioner's gone in my car.

The repairman came to fix i and said "hot enough for you today?"

My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail my ass out of fail for assaulting the stupid fxxker. Fxxk Karratha! What kind of sick demented fukin idiot would want to live here?



December 1st

WHAT????? This is the first day of Summer??? You are fxxkin kiddin!!!
HA yes had seen this before ....good ol Pilbara! Very fitting!
__________________
Oh dear. That's it done now.
Still Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:13 am   #14
Victorian Evangelist
Premium Member
 
Buzzy--Bee's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, by the beach, living the dream.
Posts: 7,669
Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
That is hilarious. I am sure we warned you.

Anyhow, Brisbane has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world right next to the city for an evening dip after work. Enjoy.
__________________
MELBOURNE SHORT TERM ACCOMMODATION - FURNISHED SELF-CONTAINED APARTMENT AVAILABLE,
walk to shops, beach and station. Send me a PM for further details.
Buzzy--Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:58 am   #15
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 948
carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria or Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Game View Post
HA yes had seen this before ....good ol Pilbara! Very fitting!
I am up that way now (just passing through). Took a stroll through Port Hedland a few nights ago. Not my favourite place in Australia.
carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com