Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Valium on long-haul flights?

Valium on long-haul flights?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valium on long-haul flights?

The first time I went to Australia was about ten years ago and I went economy class arriving in the evening. I remember clearly that I had no problems with tiredness and adjusting, just went to bed that first night exhausted (at a normal time as I landed in evening) and when I woke up the next day I was perfectly adjusted and perfectly fine.

Fast forward ten years and in the last six weeks I have travelled Uk - Aus - UK - Aus. All in business class, fully flat bed and I had plenty of sleep on the way.

But it has been an absolute nightmare adjusting. On my trip last month I don't think I adjusted until about the last day on a three week trip and then it took the same time to adjust when I got back to UK. Now back in Aus and yes I am on BE at 3am.

So I am developing a theory that being able to sleep on flights is not helpful for jetlag. Or perhaps it is my age.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Cattle class should only be attempted if prescription medication is made available to user!

This should be printed on all Economy tickets IMHO

OH and I always take sleeping pills on long haul flights,my teenagers choose to remain awake and watch every available movie in-flight and the wee one (6) just sleeps when he is tired and the teenagers keep an eye on him.Sorted or what?I am a veeeeeeeeery light sleeper so don't tend to sleep deeply even on drugs but it helps to stay chilled!

Last edited by shirlw; Jul 8th 2010 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen

For the arguments on safety...come on really... if a plane is going to crash you are going to die. Provided you dont take it before take off, and you fasten your seatbelt and sleep with the seatbelt over you - then you are going to be fine for the main problem which is turbulence throwing you into the ceiling.
Have to agree, if your plane is going crash you aint go know anything about it and what you don't know wont hurt you. Also in an emergency you would be pretty cool when everyone around is panicking.