Potato Cakes

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:23 pm
PommieLeague

Default Potato Cakes

Can anyone help me, Im trying to find some potato cakes, the round flat ones usually or square in Perth.
Has anybody seen them selling anywhere? Thanks

Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:39 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Potato Cakes

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Can anyone help me, Im trying to find some potato cakes, the round flat ones usually or square in Perth.

Cant tell you were you can buy them but you could make them here the recipe http://www.faqs.org/docs/consumer/re...ato-cakes.html
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about the Potato Cakes you can buy in just about every fish n chip shop here in Victoria???

That recipe sounds more like a rosti than a potato cake like I know it. Here, they are whole slices of potato coated in a batter and then fried...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:21 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hels
Are you talking about the Potato Cakes you can buy in just about every fish n chip shop here in Victoria???

That recipe sounds more like a rosti than a potato cake like I know it. Here, they are whole slices of potato coated in a batter and then fried...
Thats a scollop.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by pike
Thats a scollop.

Agreed! Both in Brisbane & the UK that would be considered a scollop.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:01 am
Just Joined

fair_dinkum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlbonner
In Victoria its a potato cake .. a scallop is a completley different thing (seafood) ... in Sydney its a scallop
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Potato Cakes

Originally Posted by mlbonner
In Scotland it's called a "fritter".
You can buy them with potato or mars bars and bountys !
I wonder why West coast Scotland has a MEGA heart disease issue ! Deep fried battered mars bars and "Pizza crunch " mmmmm...........
Anyway , Are you looking for " tattie scones "?
Potato cakes in Ireland , I believe .
Tass.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:30 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

If it's potato scones you're looking for, you'll get them in, Star of the North.
It’s a butchers in Currambine Marketplace shopping centre, which is on the corner of Marmion & Shenton Avenues, in the northern suburbs.

We get them from there all the time. Square sausage as well.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:04 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Scossie
If it's potato scones you're looking for, you'll get them in, Star of the North.
It’s a butchers in Currambine Marketplace shopping centre, which is on the corner of Marmion & Shenton Avenues, in the northern suburbs.

We get them from there all the time. Square sausage as well.
Is it these types you mean, as this is what im looking for or similar?

Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:45 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fair_dinkum
In Victoria its a potato cake .. a scallop is a completley different thing (seafood) ... in Sydney its a scallop
It depends where you are in the UK. Sometimes a scallop is a potato cake, sometimes it's sea food. I usually check before buying which always gets incredulous looks - "Of course it's potato/sea food!" - which I usually ignore.

Regards
Alistair
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Is it these types you mean, as this is what im looking for or similar?
yummy i love warburtons potato cakes with loads of butter now you have got me on the hunt for them in brisbane
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:42 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
yummy i love warburtons potato cakes with loads of butter now you have got me on the hunt for them in brisbane
Brisbane a bit of a contrast to Bolton eh? Mind you Perth is a heck of a contrast to Salford. Sad that Feed Dibnah died he was a real delight to see and a good old Northern character.

Ive been in the Warbies factory which I think is on Blackburn Rd?

Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:51 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Sad that Fred Dibnah died he was a real delight to see and a good old Northern character.
No way!

When did Fred die??
I loved watching his programmes on TV. Really interesting and informative, and one of the most down to earth blokes I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

RIP Fred........
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Brisbane a bit of a contrast to Bolton eh? Mind you Perth is a heck of a contrast to Salford. Sad that Feed Dibnah died he was a real delight to see and a good old Northern character.

Ive been in the Warbies factory which I think is on Blackburn Rd?
There is just a bit of a contrast
warbies is at the bottom of blackburn road. I used to pass it on the way into town and the smell was delicious.
i think they are putting up a statue of fred.
i hope if you find any potato cakes they are as good as the warbies ones
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:14 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
In Scotland it's called a "fritter".
You can buy them with potato or mars bars and bountys !
I wonder why West coast Scotland has a MEGA heart disease issue ! Deep fried battered mars bars and "Pizza crunch " mmmmm...........
Anyway , Are you looking for " tattie scones "?
Potato cakes in Ireland , I believe .
Tass.
Yeah in south oz , there called Potatoe "fritters" or Potatoe cakes,MARS bars hav,nt eaten them since a bloke at work , told me what him and his missu,s do with them. ................. mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.