Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Sydney Rental!!!!

Urgent Help Sydney Rental!!!!

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Urgent Help Sydney Rental!!!!

After quitting Canberra after 2 days and coming back to sydney I have got the first job I applied for!!! Finding it really hard to find a rental!!! Need something within 45mins commute to cbd 3/4 beds for around $550 a week. Need smething quick!!! Any help appreciated. Looking on domain.com.au all the time but just cant find the right thing!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:40 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help Sydney Rental!!!!

Originally Posted by mcstu1
After quitting Canberra after 2 days and coming back to sydney I have got the first job I applied for!!! Finding it really hard to find a rental!!! Need something within 45mins commute to cbd 3/4 beds for around $550 a week. Need smething quick!!! Any help appreciated. Looking on domain.com.au all the time but just cant find the right thing!!
Do you know roughly what area you are after? I would pick up a couple of local newspapers, find out which agents have the right sort of property for you and then hound them until they get you in the door of some suitable rentals. Most places are only open for viewings on Wednesdays and Saturdays but if you get speaking with some agents you could explain your urgency and hopefully get ahead of the game.

Good luck.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:54 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Tried www.realestate.com.au, or are you picky? If you didn't alrady know, rentals can be hard to come by nowadays, with huge competition for residences.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jul 8th 2008 at 11:58 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

You need to try and establish a relationship with the agents; they don't seem to even bother replying to e-mail enquiries at the moment as they obviously don't need to (and it never occurs to them that things might change and doing business "properly" will ever be required of them!). Open houses for rentals seem to last for 30 minutes by the end of which the agent will expect to have multiple applications for the property. Go and visit the agencies in the areas you are looking in, then follow up by phone and generally make your presence felt

I would suggest looking on domain and realestate to get an idea of areas within your budget then do the legwork.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

We Found it very difficult, you need to try and build up a good repour with the agents. Wot we found also helped, was offering just a little more than the amount advertised for , I know. But others are doing it.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

What suburbs?
With this info, it would make it a lot easier
I just bought for a client and he now has a lovely 4bed 2bath DLUG house with yard in Sydney's Bella Vista to rent. It's 40-45mins from city, but you do need to drive or bus it in to the CBD.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

What about Rhodes, Newington and Homebush Bay? They have what you are looking for and in your price range.

Don’t bother emailing agents, its a waste of time. You need to go and see them. Also when visiting them personally they will usually show the you property there and then and let you apply, if you email they will either just ignore you or tell you when the next open day is.

Good luck.

Mikey
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:18 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

canberra is pure bliss compared to sydney...
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by copa
canberra is pure bliss compared to sydney...
im ok now!
found 3 bed with sea views in Narabeen 5 mins to beach
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Well good for you! Enjoy that lovely part of the world