Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

URGENT! Help me make a choice...Should I continue or quit studying!

URGENT! Help me make a choice...Should I continue or quit studying!

Old Jan 12th 2018, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Johnmoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT! Help me make a choice...Should I continue or quit studying!

The requirements to study in Australia is to pass 5 subject in O levels and two subjects in A levels(class 12). I took physics and maths in A levels. I hoped my grades would be good but I've failed in physics but passed in maths in A levels. Always wanted to someone amongst my friends and dreamed to study bachelor's of IT in abroad.I'm from Bangladesh and my family finances is low. I'm 21 and will turn 22 this year,I've completed my O levels in 2015 and so I want to waste my time repeat the A level exam which I failed Therefore I have 3 options:
1. Take a risky loan about $25000 AUD and go study in Australia. And have to pay the loan all by myself within one year by doing part time jobs or anyhow.

2. Do GED(equivalent to class 12 or A levels) and study in private university in my country because Australia Universities won't accept GED.

3. Go and work where my brother work in an shop in Oman where I can earn 125 rial/month for working 11hrs/day depending on my work.

So which do you think would be the best option? And why?
Should I complete my bachelor's in my country which will cost me $8333-13333 AUD and get a job in here in Bangladesh which will pay $500 AUD/month. Or should I quit studying and start working with my brother?
And if there is and possibilities of moving to Australia in future including job or studying...excluding marrying a aussie girl which will never happen in my dream please tell me also... TIA

Last edited by Johnmoy; Jan 12th 2018 at 4:39 am.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 3:49 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT! Help me make a choice...Should I continue or quit studying!

Hello,

1. Very risky - as an International student you will only be eligible to work 40 hours per fortnight and most jobs that are suitable for students (if you can find one) will only pay minimum wage which will leave you only able to pay your living expenses (rent, food, bills) - I sincerely doubt you would earn enough to repay the loan and your daily expenses. There is a lot of competition between students for jobs and Australia is not a cheap place to live.

2. I would do this - further study, hard work and trying to succeed will likely open up opportunities in the future. You have to commit to work really hard, try and finish near the top of your class and give yourself the best chance of a good job. This may allow you to get a job overseas in the future.

3. Sounds like slave labour.

These responses are only my opinion.

Best of luck.