Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

university courses in Brisbane

university courses in Brisbane

Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:29 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default university courses in Brisbane

Hi,

we have pr visas and i am considering doing a masters or some type of post graduate course in Brisbane. Does any body know the cost of these courses for permenant residents in the uk they are currently about £3ooo for a one year masters.

Also I have started looking at unis, but given that I do not know the city I do not know where they are - ie does anyone know where mt gravett is or where logan campus is = these are part of the gold coast uni

Please any help would be great
Diddy
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:18 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: university courses in Brisbane

Hello,

This was my original idea, to go and study in Australia for a few years but it was very, and i mean very expensive!!!! For a 3 year bachelor degree i was looking in overall around 85K A$ course and living expenses included... So i decided to wait a bit longer since im only 22, do the uni studies here in the Uk save as much as possible, then apply to migrate...

But your case is different you already have ( PR ) but i think the international fees still apply to anyone who hasnt lived in Australia for 2 ( if im wrong someone correct me please ) after then you will pay normal fees, even though i heard it's expensive as well.

What course do you want to study, and where will you be living?

Good Luck
Pedro
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:29 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

I spent some time researching the possibility of doing a masters these uni's in brisbane looked good;

http://www.uq.edu.au/
http://www.gu.edu.au/
http://www.qut.edu.au/

They all have maps on the websites showing where the campuses are. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't have to pay international students fees as you have PR, hopefully someone else will know more on this
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:46 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by diddy
Hi,

we have pr visas and i am considering doing a masters or some type of post graduate course in Brisbane. Does any body know the cost of these courses for permenant residents in the uk they are currently about £3ooo for a one year masters.

Also I have started looking at unis, but given that I do not know the city I do not know where they are - ie does anyone know where mt gravett is or where logan campus is = these are part of the gold coast uni

Please any help would be great
Diddy

Why don't you ring or email the Uni's? I'm sure they can help you with your individual questions re fees, locations, transport etc

BTW: £3,000 for one years Masters degree is VERY cheap. Perhaps check the viability and standing of this particular Uni in the Business community before you take that particular Masters course

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Aug 15th 2004 at 9:48 am.