UK in a word

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK in a word

Originally Posted by Badge
Flawed.

I wanted to find a word that was both positive but reflected some sort of dispair, relative decay.

By hundreds of definitions, I think the UK is a ''great'' country but it is in social decline and has just not quite got it anymore. It is missing the x factor.

Badge
What is it missing badge of the mount?

Sprawling faceless suburbs?

Huge American shopping malls maybe? I must admit since being back in Blighty I miss being terrorised by 16 year old bogan lads thrashing V8 holdens around the block.

The oz X factor, just what is that? Sorry I forgot you love Aussie rules footy, just write a disclaimer to poms who might actually want something out of life other than watching mullet wearing repressed homsexuals roll in the dust.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:46 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Flawed.

I wanted to find a word that was both positive but reflected some sort of dispair, relative decay.

By hundreds of definitions, I think the UK is a ''great'' country but it is in national Cultural decline - nothing to do with chavs or immigrants by the way, - confidence in the main - and has just not quite got it anymore. It is missing the x factor.

Badge
agree with you there badge.

alk
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:01 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Dreigh
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:07 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Chav
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Burberry
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:16 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Scally
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:22 am
Badge

Originally Posted by eatstatic
What is it missing badge of the mount?

Sprawling faceless suburbs?

Huge American shopping malls maybe? I must admit since being back in Blighty I miss being terrorised by 16 year old bogan lads thrashing V8 holdens around the block.

The oz X factor, just what is that? Sorry I forgot you love Aussie rules footy, just write a disclaimer to poms who might actually want something out of life other than watching mullet wearing repressed homsexuals roll in the dust.
Rugby League Union is my game in the main. You have obviously not lived where I live in Melbourne then. I can avoid all the malls apart from when I have to go on my terms. I think people would get a shock at how green and beautiful a Victorian village can be, 50mins from ther CBD. Would stop people like you in their tracks.

I find British people lack some sort of focus and civic pride - forget nationalism - that is dangerous in a way and I am not talking about nations barracking in sports.

In the Uk for a while - I always seemed to mix with priveleged and motivated people - in elitist circles for a while, quite a worry actually, so I was immune from all UK negative aspects, for much of my early adult life, and it wasn't until I left all that, went to work overseas and came back that I realised how unfocused much of the UK is.

Badge

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:27 am
Badge

Eatstatic, the UK at its best is fantastic - as I know only too well - but as you would know only too well, there are aspects of it limited to a few.

Next time you are in Melly come and see me and I will show you my home. You may well like it.

Badge

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:45 am
ABCDiamond

Old

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Damp
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:53 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Dreich.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Grey.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

S***
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Easy.....
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:13 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

familiar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.