Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk style fish and chips FOUND IN PERTH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by worzel
I hope they are better than 5 Rivers was for a curry. It got a great write up on here but we were sorely disappointed.
I agree, I was very disappointed with 5 Rivers, I was expecting the "real deal" UK style curry but just got the usual crap
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:17 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I agree, I was very disappointed with 5 Rivers, I was expecting the "real deal" UK style curry but just got the usual crap
Ditto, I thought it was lame.

The Anghiti in Innaloo seems to be getting better, they do a mean Aloo Ghobi, and the Anghiti Chicken is pretty good (sauce a little bit runny but good flavour)
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't cheap either.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
maris piper is the king potato when it comes to chips. king edwards make good mash.

OK

the chips are defo not stuck together ( just dont put s & v on untill u get home, that prevents that ! )
the chips are more like fat chinky shop chips, as ive had the chat with Indy regarding the chips. He tells me its a nightmare to get the chips like he had in his shop in the uk, and the best he could do is inprove on the frying stiuation.

he fully understands the nightmare of chips, but ive tried his and forget king eddies, and the others as his are great. the oil he fries in in a low fat, low monosaturated oil. BUT JUST GO FOR THE BATTER, ITS JUST LIKE THE UK.

we also laughed at the idea that aussie chippies ask if you want chicken salt on the chips and never have salt and viniger pots on the counter.

Kinross is around 25 mins from cbd ( 15mins if your a P plater ), come off Marmion av, on burns beach, left onto connely drive and you cant miss the Iga.

Tell Indy Chris sent you !!!!!!!!!!!

oh and yes proper curry sauce

AGAIN THIS IS JUST LIKE THE UK, NOTHING RESEMBLES THE CRAP AUSSIE CHIP SHOPS, sorry to shout but u aint listening, just go and try it ffs

Last edited by Northern-Monkey; Jan 8th 2008 at 5:46 am. Reason: mistake
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

hmmmmm strange, as the their both pomes, and Indian with Indian chefs AND both from Birmingham. i dont think you can get more real deal than that.
besides, maybe the stuff you were used to was crap and u are judging on past currys,

AND can we please get back to the thread regarding fish and chips !!!!!!!! :curse:
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey
OK

the chips are defo not stuck together ( just dont put s & v on untill u get home, that prevents that ! )
the chips are more like fat chinky shop chips, as ive had the chat with Indy regarding the chips. He tells me its a nightmare to get the chips like he had in his shop in the uk, and the best he could do is inprove on the frying stiuation.

he fully understands the nightmare of chips, but ive tried his and forget king eddies, and the others as his are great. the oil he fries in in a low fat, low monosaturated oil. BUT JUST GO FOR THE BATTER, ITS JUST LIKE THE UK.

we also laughed at the idea that aussie chippies ask if you want chicken salt on the chips and never have salt and viniger pots on the counter.

Kinross is around 25 mins from cbd ( 15mins if your a P plater ), come off Marmion av, on burns beach, left onto connely drive and you cant miss the Iga.

Tell Indy Chris sent you !!!!!!!!!!!

oh and yes proper curry sauce

AGAIN THIS IS JUST LIKE THE UK, NOTHING RESEMBLES THE CRAP AUSSIE CHIP SHOPS, sorry to shout but u aint listening, just go and try it ffs
FALSE alarm folks no proper chipsForget the delivery service mate !
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You have a choice Bobby,a win for your miserable team OR the best fish n chips on the planet
Just been informed they're not proper chips so i'll take the 3pts on this occasion sayeth the man supporting a miserable team 2 divisions above yours
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Sounds like it. I was getting all excited about chips! I have had great fish here but the chips are dire. Unless he actually peels the spuds himself and chips them himself I won't be bothering. A bought in frozen chip is the same in any shop!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

so u have tried them have you, read the repies m8, i never once said they are chipped potatos
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Just been informed they're not proper chips so i'll take the 3pts on this occasion sayeth the man supporting a miserable team 2 divisions above yours

what are you talking about !!!!!!

if its something to do with football, SIGN another pyke pome in a football shirt, can spot and hear you a mile off

FFS just try them before you start your witch hunt.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

jo 90joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant you all just appreciate the comments and go and see if you like it or not if you dont dont go back but stop slagging off peoples business who are just like us all trying to make a living?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:58 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Funniest thread of the year.

So far.

Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:08 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
No worries, a 40 minute trip out to the chippy seems reasonable enough. I'll wait with bated breath the confirmation of the stuck together chips mystery.
Grab a bag as you head up to ours ......kill two birds with one stone
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:11 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Why does every thread about Perth start of an argument ......FFS the OP was trying to tell us about a chippy he likes and now we are on to footie shirts and pikey pommes....FFS !!!!:curse:
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sounds like it. I was getting all excited about chips! I have had great fish here but the chips are dire. Unless he actually peels the spuds himself and chips them himself I won't be bothering. A bought in frozen chip is the same in any shop!
Couldn't agree more buddy BUT "the batter's just like in the UK" ! Say no more !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.