Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK social worker looking to work and live in Victoria - advice please

UK social worker looking to work and live in Victoria - advice please

Old Feb 25th 2017, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK social worker looking to work and live in Victoria - advice please

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yep, my brother lives in Bondi Avenue! I won't make any jokes about dyslexia - it's FHS.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK social worker looking to work and live in Victoria - advice please

Originally Posted by spidernose
I can't buy a house for 2 years can I?
You can buy a house as soon as you arrive, even if you are on a temporary visa, so long as it will be your home while you are in Australia and you are not renting it out. On PR you can buy anything.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Brendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK social worker looking to work and live in Victoria - advice please

Hi there just wondered if you have already had an interview and got offered a job.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

spidernose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, not yet. Hopefully will have an interview by the end of the week . still not sure which office to choose if I get offered a job or where to live. Been on homely.com.au for reviews on areas but they very enormously. Most important things as a female 10,000 miles from home is that I feel safe.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi I am also hoping to get shortlisted. Just waiting. Also still waiting for the AASW outcome.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Brendy, are you from the UK? Have you gone through a recruitment agency? which areas have you specified to work and live?

Have you done your psychometric test yet?

My friend has also applied and he was told that the ACWA was sufficient and the AASW isn't compulsory yet.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi there don't know what happened to my first reply. Anywhere yes am from the UK & I used the Victoria government website directly. Have you used an agent. I have no idea what ACWA is. All jobs I applied have asked for the aasw outcome. I suppose if your friend has been advised than it's ok. I only remember preston the other 2 can't recall.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes I used the link Polyanna posted and have gone through them.

I'm going to double check regard the accreditation. I haven't done it yet as it's so expensive. I need to know if I've got a job first. That psychometric test was very difficult
Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

I had to complete 2 questions (selection criteria) on their application form. Now waiting for interview. @ least your now waiting to hear whether you got the job or not. That's awesome if you do get it. Sounds like I have some revising to do. I know it's expensive but try & have you skills assessment completed.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

I haven't filled an application form in. I had to email my CV and qualifications and complete the psychometric test. Just waiting to see if I've passed it before I know if I've got an interview. Which part of the UK are you from?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi there I had my psychometric test today omg. I understand what you said that it was difficult its annoying. How did it go for you.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Still waiting to hear if I've passed it. Its frustrating all this waiting .I was told that I could be in Australia working in 3 - 5 months, doubt that's going to happen, its been 5 weeks now since I started the process and still haven't had an interview
Old Mar 25th 2017, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Morning Omg you have been waiting long. I was told will know result in 5 working days. They advised that to submit qualifications to HR alongside AASW Assessment Outcome or ACWA. They also advised that candidates process their international police checks. Maybe you can look into this whilst waiting. I am not confident pulled through so just continuing to job search everywhere.Is your friend also waiting