Reload this Page >

uk police checks

uk police checks

Old Mar 4th 2002, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

shaunlor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk police checks

anyone know whats happinin with uk police checks
iv been waiting over 6 weeks now, and when i phone em i just get phobed of with oh scotland yards computers have been down
they told me they were down for a week the week before last.
and today told me there down again for 2 days and i must just keep pestering them.
no wonder this place has the sort of crime rates it has,
they cant even find out whos been in trouble before.
shaun and lor
Old Mar 5th 2002, 12:35 am
Ben Magrill

Default Re: uk police checks

"shaunlor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > anyone know whats happinin with uk police checks iv been waiting over 6 weeks now,
    > and when i phone em i just get phobed of with oh scotland yards computers have been
    > down they told me they were down for a week the week before last. and today told me
    > there down again for 2 days and i must just keep pestering them. no wonder this
    > place has the sort of crime rates it has, they cant even find out whos been in
    > trouble before. shaun and lor
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >
Sounds like the admin people in the police station you went to have screwed up... I
was told to allow a month but got it in about 2 weeks. That was about 3 weeks ago.
Scotland Yard's computers might go down but the PNC where the info is held does not.
They have multiple backups and plenty of redundancy built-in. Time to get stroppy
with them...

Old Mar 5th 2002, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Leeann will become famous soon enough

As far as I aware, but please do not quote me on this, if you've not received your police checks within 3 weeks you have to apply for them again......so pester them and don't be fobbed off or you'll have to pay again.
Regards Jase + Leeann
Old Mar 5th 2002, 8:35 am
Nicki

On 4 Mar 2002 12:33:02 -0600, shaunlor <[email protected]> wrote:

>anyone know whats happinin with uk police checks iv been waiting over 6 weeks now,
    >and when i phone em i just get phobed of with oh scotland yards computers have been
    >down they told me they were down for a week the week before last. and today told me
    >there down again for 2 days and i must just keep pestering them. no wonder this
    >place has the sort of crime rates it has, they cant even find out whos been in
    >trouble before. shaun and lor

>--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

We sent off for ours just over 3/4 weeks ago, and it arrived last week. I was told
they were "obliged" to send it back within 40 days (probably one of those government
charter thingies) - so I'd contact them again if I were you....

Nicki

PS - Have they cashed your cheque? They didn't cash ours until a couple of days
before it arrived.
--
(Remove SPAM from e-mail address to reply...)

Old Mar 5th 2002, 10:05 am
Michael Morahan

Leeann <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > As far as I aware, but please do not quote me on this, if you've not received your
    > police checks within 3 weeks you have to apply for them again......so pester them
    > and don't be fobbed off or you'll have to pay again. Regards Jase + Leeann

You don't have to pay again. You should allow forty days from the date of application
and contact the police again if you have not had a response by then. I my case I got
an acknowledgement of receipt of application within two weeks, and the Police check
followed a couple of days later.

Cheers

Michael

Old Mar 5th 2002, 9:35 pm
Pete

I've had to do police checks 3 times now (live in Scotland) and they all came back
within the week. It's just some lazy bugger can't be arsed if it takes longer. Try a
different station if no joy.