Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Paramedic to Adelaide

UK Paramedic to Adelaide

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Quibell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Paramedic to Adelaide

Hi Im a Paramedic based in the UK and also have an interview in March.. if anyone could give any further advise based on the VIVA assessment that would be great, studying like mad here
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 3:24 am
jwt
Just Joined

jwt is an unknown quantity at this point

i have mine in early march, all i know is what gary posted. i am also studying like mad!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Quibell
Hi Im a Paramedic based in the UK and also have an interview in March.. if anyone could give any further advise based on the VIVA assessment that would be great, studying like mad here
When I had mine over 1 year ago two people very informal, more of a chat. Wasn't asked any pharmacology questions and can't remember being asked many clinical questions. Cardiac tamponade was one I do remember. Certainly didn't last 45 minutes way shorter, good luck pleasant people.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Quibell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary, thanks for your advise and very reassuring.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 6:22 pm
jwt
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Quibell
Hi Gary, thanks for your advise and very reassuring.
Hey quibell, are you an ICP as well (or the equivalent for uk or aus)? I am a canadian one and wondering if anyone else has had the conversation on whether or not they will honour our level of training or bridge us to the level etc?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:00 am
jwt
Just Joined

How are we to contact each other if we can't do it on here or on PM?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwt
How are we to contact each other if we can't do it on here or on PM?
If you click on the person's username you can email them. Alternatively once a person has 3 proper posts they can access the pm system.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 5:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And just to add, if you do have any tips for the interview, it would be much more helpful if you posted them on the forum rather than sharing via PM. That way everybody will benefit from them, including any other paramedics searching the forum in the future.

Thx.
Old May 10th 2018, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Tim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I’m an ex uk paramedic working for SAAS. Been here 10 years now. I know how valuable it is to have someone to answer any questions. I definitely won’t have all the answers but I’m happy to try an help out.
Cheers
Tim
Old May 11th 2018, 3:12 pm
jwt
Just Joined

Hey Tim, yes me and my wife are potentially starting there in November. We are Canadian Paramedics. I tried to pm you but then I realize you don't have pm rights I guess. We have many questions. It would be easier over email or Facebook i think. My email is xxxxxxxxxx" and my name is <snip>. Could you potentially contact me that way or give me your contact info otherwise?

Thanks so much, this would be very helpful to us.

James

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 11th 2018 at 4:34 pm. Reason: plse don’t post personal details such as email address or real names
Old May 12th 2018, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Tim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond repute

I’d like to offer a bit of help but I’m not sure how to if I can’t see my messages?? Any tips??
Old May 12th 2018, 10:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim1709
I’d like to offer a bit of help but I’m not sure how to if I can’t see my messages?? Any tips??
The purpose of a forum is to share information for a wider audience.

Some parts of the application process will be general knowledge, which you can share here which will help not only jwt, but also others in a similar situation.

Posting purely to access the pm system is not the way to do it!
Old May 12th 2018, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The purpose of a forum is to share information for a wider audience.

Some parts of the application process will be general knowledge, which you can share here which will help not only jwt, but also others in a similar situation.

Posting purely to access the pm system is not the way to do it!
im happy to answer any questions on the forum, just trying to access a message I’d been sent. Did you have any questions about joining the ambulance service in south Australia? Or are you on this forum to just have a moan
Old May 12th 2018, 11:23 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

im happy to answer any questions on the forum, just trying to access a message I’d been sent. Did you have any questions about joining the ambulance service in south Australia? Or are you on this forum to just have a moan
:::grabs some popcorn:::

This could be a fun Mother's Day!
Old May 12th 2018, 11:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Settle down. Old Sparkles is a forum moderator and was just letting you know, as a new member, how the forum and PM system works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.