Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK family allowance

UK family allowance

Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK family allowance

Originally Posted by yanH
Bit hard for the UK Government to knock on your door when you're in Oz
I know that but I would have nightmares that someone would.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know that but I would have nightmares that someone would.
I know where you're coming from there. I could never be a fraudster as I'd never get any sleep!

On a serious note though I don't think that carrying on claiming Child Benefit whilst in Oz on a 457 can be considered in the same category as the scenario described earlier of the couple fraudulently claiming all the benefits under the sun. Remember those on a 457 cannot claim anything from Australia and indeed Australia considers them to still be residents of the UK.

Last edited by yanH; Jun 15th 2007 at 11:54 am.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I know where you're coming from there. I could never be a fraudster as I'd never get any sleep!

On a serious note though I don't think that carrying on claiming Child Benefit whilst in Oz on a 457 can be considered in the same category as the scenario described earlier of the couple fraudulently claiming all the benefits under the sun. Remember those on a 457 cannot claim anything from Australia and indeed Australia considers them to still be residents of the UK.
Yes I agree in temp residents circumstances you should be able to still claim but you can't so thats just the way the cookie crumbles.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Although I know where you're coming from saying that it's not in the same category there are not 'degrees' of fraud - if you knowingly claim for something you are not entitled to it's fraud full stop.

I'm not judging anyone on this thread but I've always been of the opinion that you should go through life as honestly as possible. Just because it's the government that are losing out doesn't make it a faceless crime (it's the taxpayer that pays in the end). In the same way I would never consider embellishing an insurance claim which again seems to be an 'acceptable' fraud.

"Climbs off high horse alongside northernird"
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by JulesM
Although I know where you're coming from saying that it's not in the same category there are not 'degrees' of fraud - if you knowingly claim for something you are not entitled to it's fraud full stop.

I'm not judging anyone on this thread but I've always been of the opinion that you should go through life as honestly as possible. Just because it's the government that are losing out doesn't make it a faceless crime (it's the taxpayer that pays in the end). In the same way I would never consider embellishing an insurance claim which again seems to be an 'acceptable' fraud.

nice horse wasn't it
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry! The horse was so high that on clambering down I appear to have fallen on my head and swapped my b's for n's. I meant to say northernBird!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Sorry! The horse was so high that on clambering down I appear to have fallen on my head and swapped my b's for n's. I meant to say northernBird!
I could be a northern nird too, some on here would say I was
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I have known people claim it for a while once they emigrated. This has annoyed me as like you all say it is fraud and typical of the UK to give unknown handouts.
Best thing though, is that they got caught (after 3 years tho) and had to pay it all back. Too right.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:42 pm
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

and how do they get it back?

by asking nicely, 12,000 miles away i just cant see that it worth the hassle.

Personally I'd allow it all to continue, as soon as this country burns up and disappears the better.

along with all the work dodging gits that reside in it.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancity
and how do they get it back?

by asking nicely, 12,000 miles away i just cant see that it worth the hassle.

Personally I'd allow it all to continue, as soon as this country burns up and disappears the better.

along with all the work dodging gits that reside in it.

Owing the Government is VERY different to owing say a telephone provider. They have a lot more power in debt recovery.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:59 pm
Banned

MMM, probably true,

but will they chase it, I'd like to think so, but Im left uninspired by the lack of any backbone in this society to speak out properly.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

MMM, probably true,

but will they chase it, I'd like to think so, but Im left uninspired by the lack of any backbone in this society to speak out properly.

I'd suppose it would depend on what evidence they have (and if they know).
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is about whether you can claim benefits legally after moving to another country.
Please do not use it as a place to air your views about why yiou are leaving the UK.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:21 pm
Banned

ok,

mentioned this before, we claimed it, it was an oversight,

we have now forfeited the benefit until its all paid back.

We wish we now had the knoweldge we werent allowed to claim it.

SO I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST IT.

IT IS FRAUD.....
IN THE EYES OF THE LAW, SO YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE P85 FORM TOO WHEN EXITING THE COUNTRY
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

ok,

mentioned this before, we claimed it, it was an oversight,

we have now forfeited the benefit until its all paid back.

We wish we now had the knoweldge we werent allowed to claim it.

SO I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST IT.

IT IS FRAUD.....
IN THE EYES OF THE LAW, SO YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE P85 FORM TOO WHEN EXITING THE COUNTRY
on this front are we allowed to claim anything for the UK or Aus? we will be moving to oz on a 136 visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.