Reload this Page >

UK family allowance

UK family allowance

Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Steven and Jackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK family allowance

This may be a stupid question but......

Does anyone know if you are still entitled to UK family allowance while living in Australia on a 457 visa. I wouldnt have thought so and I cancelled ours before we left the UK.

The reason I ask is that I've heard of several people living in Oz who sill claim this in the UK due to the fact that under the terms of the 457 you are a temporary resident here.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK family allowance

Originally Posted by Steven and Jackie

Does anyone know if you are still entitled to UK family allowance while living in Australia on a 457 visa. I wouldnt have thought so and I cancelled ours before we left the UK.

The reason I ask is that I've heard of several people living in Oz who sill claim this in the UK due to the fact that under the terms of the 457 you are a temporary resident here.
If you are absent for less than 12 months yes, if your visa is longer then no. people have claimed but if they are absent for more than 12 months then they are defrauding the child benefit office.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:32 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steven and Jackie

We continued claiming until we became PR here 12 months later.

Andrew
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

My OH has a 4 year contract so I was told that as our intention was to stay out of the UK for more than 12 months it stopped the day we left. Peed me off but I'm not the sort of person who could claim for stuff they knew they werent entitled to and I think it's wrong if people do claim. It's fraud.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Katherined0
My OH has a 4 year contract so I was told that as our intention was to stay out of the UK for more than 12 months it stopped the day we left. Peed me off but I'm not the sort of person who could claim for stuff they knew they werent entitled to and I think it's wrong if people do claim. It's fraud.
Sorry -- that post wasnt supposed to read like an attack on you -- but it does sound a bit like that.... Ooops! No offence intended!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:36 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently there are 30,000 people registered in UK, claiming CB, but living in Pakistan...

12,000 are in Perth

do the sums, this is a nanny state,
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancity
Apparently there are 30,000 people registered in UK, claiming CB, but living in Pakistan...

12,000 are in Perth

do the sums, this is a nanny state,
I don't care what britain is, claiming something to which you are not entitled is fraud, plain and simple. Just because other people do it doesn't make it right.

<GETS OFF HIGH HORSE>
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:44 am
Banned

who stops first?

its a joke this country,

as far as i am concerned I think this government is a sham

whats the punishment for it,

if your unemployed, have one eye, 3 kids to different blokes and claim poverty , worlds your oyster here

Last edited by Sue; Jun 15th 2007 at 12:43 pm. Reason: Comment removed
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

who stops first?

its a joke this country,

as far as i am concerned I think this government is a sham

whats the punishment for it,

if your unemployed, have one eye, 3 kids to different blokes and claim poverty , worlds your oyster here
don't be so bloody ridiculous and make sure you stop reading the Daily Mail when you go for a shit.

Last edited by Sue; Jun 15th 2007 at 12:43 pm. Reason: comment in quoted text removed
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:55 am
Banned

Stopped reading papers ages ago, text is not big enough and the clarity index is aimed at 14 year olds, not 10 year olds like me...

On a serious note though,

this government doesnt have a clue who leaved and who goes, the HM customs and excise is ridiculous.....

So if somebody didnt know to stop the Family Allowance why would they..................................
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

Stopped reading papers ages ago, text is not big enough and the clarity index is aimed at 14 year olds, not 10 year olds like me...

On a serious note though,

this government doesnt have a clue who leaved and who goes, the HM customs and excise is ridiculous.....

So if somebody didnt know to stop the Family Allowance why would they..................................
So they probably wouldn't be found out, still doesn't make it right though does it. Social funding isn't a bottomless pit.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:15 am
Banned

it is whilst you have a labour government

as they tax hapless mugs like me to pay for the social welfare benefits for the scum of this country
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
If you are absent for less than 12 months yes, if your visa is longer then no. people have claimed but if they are absent for more than 12 months then they are defrauding the child benefit office.
Carol, I worked for the UK government for over 24 years and you wouldnt believe the amount of people that continue to defraud the Benefit System. the trouble is there is jusy not ennough man hours to 'round' up all these scroungers.
I regularly worked on the 'counter' and we had a couple that we KNEW were living together, but claiming everything under thesun, including Income Support, as single parent, although they werent!! we managed to get them to admit they were living together and 'closed; their claims down.
Within minutes they both came back to the counter, grinning away, and promptly stated they had just had a row, and were seperating, and wanted to claim benefit. We knew it was all crap, but how could we prove it!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Carol, I worked for the UK government for over 24 years and you wouldnt believe the amount of people that continue to defraud the Benefit System. the trouble is there is jusy not ennough man hours to 'round' up all these scroungers.
I regularly worked on the 'counter' and we had a couple that we KNEW were living together, but claiming everything under thesun, including Income Support, as single parent, although they werent!! we managed to get them to admit they were living together and 'closed; their claims down.
Within minutes they both came back to the counter, grinning away, and promptly stated they had just had a row, and were seperating, and wanted to claim benefit. We knew it was all crap, but how could we prove it!!!!!!!!!
I know Sandra, it just makes me so cross. When I moved back from Canada I couldn't claim a damn thing, even had to jump through hoops to start claiming child benefit for my Canadian born daughter. I have a conscience unfortunately and couldn't do it, I would be petrified someone would knock on my door.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know Sandra, it just makes me so cross. When I moved back from Canada I couldn't claim a damn thing, even had to jump through hoops to start claiming child benefit for my Canadian born daughter. I have a conscience unfortunately and couldn't do it, I would be petrified someone would knock on my door.
Bit hard for the UK Government to knock on your door when you're in Oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.