TV questions

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Default TV questions

My shipping finally arrived today and I have a couple of questions regarding our tv's.

I was in the process of changing plugs on our appliances, including our main tv. It was only after I cut off the UK plug that I discovered that the power lead only has a live and neutral wire. The australian plugs I have have 3 pins so if I wire the tv up to one of these it will blow the circuit in the house. How do I get round this?

I have plugged in our 2 portable tv's and tuned them in. I can get good picture quality but cannot get any sound on any of the channels, only static.

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice
Default Re: TV questions

No, you connect the brown wire to active and blue wire to neutral and ignore the earth pin. If you're not sure you probably shouldn't be wiring it up yourself!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:22 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

No sound is usually associated with analogue TV signals. The system used in Aus is different to UK. You may be able to change the system in your TV menu - you'll need to find something under tuner setup or the like and chnage system to B/G. Not all TVs support this change so you may be stuck with no sound. However analogue signals are being turned of over the coming years so get a digital set top box and plug that in. More channels too.

Also, please be very careful changing plugs if you're not familiar with the plugs here. It really could be quite dangerous.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie plugs don't have an earth wire, and be aware that if you are in Queensland you are actually acting illegally by changing the plug yourself.....
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Aussie plugs don't have an earth wire, and be aware that if you are in Queensland you are actually acting illegally by changing the plug yourself.....
Yes they do!!! Not ALL appliances use the earth wire though, small appliances that are double insulated do not use the earth. Larger appliances such as washer, dishwasher, etc do.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

Ok then any ideas why the TV keeps tripping the fuse box then? I've wired the plug correctly. Its 220-240v.

Ta
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In 99% of cases, I'd say that this was a stupid law. The OP has caused me to reconsider.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
Ok then any ideas why the TV keeps tripping the fuse box then? I've wired the plug correctly. Its 220-240v.

Ta
You have the wires the wrong way round? You can't wire a plug?

Call an electrician before you kill somebody or yourself!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:18 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
sounds like youve connected either the live or neutral to the earth pin
( cross polarity wouldnt cause the safety switch to trip )

get some one who knows what there doing to help

ps you can get 2 pin plugs from bunnings or your local electrlcal wholesaler such as CNW )
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

One of the things that really pisses me off about this site is the smart arse idiots who reply to posts asking for advice.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

your still alive then!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:47 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that, if you've connected the active and neutral correctly, there's a tiny strand of one of the wires shorting to another wire.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

norfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nice

One of the things that really pisses me off about this site is the smart arse idiots who reply to posts asking for advice.
Or the skinflint chimps who think they can do a Tradies job,because it looks easy(even when it is!!!), but then cock it up!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Have a read of this:

http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Reference/powerplug.htm
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
good info steve G

http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Refere...ugVariants.htm
shows the 2 pin plug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.