Reload this Page >

Turn your life around today

Turn your life around today

Old Jan 19th 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bix
Koala,

You shouldn't take part in this sort of thing which is promoting early degredation of the environment.

The ozone layer above OZ is already suffering badly due to the number of cattle and vegetarians over there now we have normal people like you stuffing extra greens.
LOL

I'm still in the UK, and don't eat enough greens. I think the planet will survive my attack of *ahem* good intentions...

PS - thanks for the tip ButtonMoon.

K_M

Last edited by koala_mac; Jan 19th 2004 at 9:39 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Well I've only ever had one shot of wheatgrass and I had to avoid naked flames for 8 days. I was totally shocked at the effect and the noise...
Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ruthyman
Well I've only ever had one shot of wheatgrass and I had to avoid naked flames for 8 days. I was totally shocked at the effect and the noise...

I suffered the same effect once after eating 65 pickles to win a drunken bet. Had enough gas next day to put Calor to shame.
Spent a lot of time half sumerged in the bath watching the bubbles.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

ROFLMAO!!!!
I'm looking on it as a scientific experiment now. Open plan office may make things difficult.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 6:16 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ButtonMoon
Steve, maybe it was your reference to snake oil....?
Well, that was due to your reference to smoking. It won't do a thing for your bad breathe if you keep smoking and you probably wouldn't need help recovering from cancer if you didn't smoke either.

By the way, I notice you haven't told anyone about the possible side effects. Although the health food shops tell you that there are 'No Side Effects' there actually are. Chest pains, anyone?

Side Effects: Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.

Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
Chest pain
Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin

Chlorophyll Side Effects
Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Boozy is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting post Steve.
That's the first article I've read about side effects.
i guess i should warn also about the side effects of alcohol,asprin,parecetamol,penecillin,anto biotics......

Tell me Steve, in the cup of life is your's half full or half empty ?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:33 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Turn your life around today

Am trying this healthy thing as have just become an Australian citize.
Having spent many hours on the net researching wheatgrass and its benefits, i wish to report as follows :

The reason why we take wheatgrass at the juice bars is because it claims benefits to your health.However unless you take it daily you will probably notice no diferrence.
Wheatgrass is 70% pure chlorophyll, which is the reason it is so good for you.
I bought some liquid chlorophyll from the health food store ( $12.95 500ml) and started taking 15ml a day in herbal tea, juices shakes whatever, even diluted in my water bottle.
I can honestly say that it has had increadable benefits for me.
Look, just do a search on the net for chlorophyll.
Change you life today and i guarantee in a weeks time,you will have more energy ( Tired with twins take note),bad breath and body odour...gone..skin clear and soft.Feel bloody marvelous.I switched my mum onto it .she is recovering from cancer.She has noticed a big increase in her energy levels.
Chlorophyll cleans internally, especially the bowel,promotes oxygenation of the blood and consumes carbon dioxide and bacteria at alarming rates.

Just do it and post a reply seven days after you start.
This isn't a gimmick and i don't sell the stuff
ButtonMoon

An update from me, I feel GREAT!!!

Been on it 11 days, modified my diet to be a little healthier and walk everyday. Fab.

Anyone else feel good?

I hope to be a new woman when I step off the plane at Heathrow in March 2004!

Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Anyone heard of or used Spirulina? Supposed to be equally as good as Wheatgrass but is a type of algae. Tastes like s**t though.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:17 pm
vg1
Just Joined

vg1 is an unknown quantity at this point

def going down to holland and barret first thing tomorow morning

Thanks for the tip.

But would like to know if there is a difference i the different brands, and which one has veryone found to be most effective?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:26 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear it's kicking in merlot,it does make you feel good doesn't it ?
I've found the liquid chlorophyll to be the most cost effective and the most effective results.
Don't know if it is available in the UK as a liquid form...any helpers ?
One of the reasons for the energy burst is that chlorophyll's chemical structure stimulates oxygenation of the blood, clears out carbon dioxide and attacks un health bacteria in the bowels.
If you can't get hold of it or don't like the taste, try 1kg of fresh spinach leaves a day...it has the same effect..!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:37 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default uk suppliers

Good to hear it's kicking in merlot,it does make you feel good doesn't it ?
I've found the liquid chlorophyll to be the most cost effective and the most effective results.
Don't know if it is available in the UK as a liquid form...any helpers ?
One of the reasons for the energy burst is that chlorophyll's chemical structure stimulates oxygenation of the blood, clears out carbon dioxide and attacks un health bacteria in the bowels.
If you can't get hold of it or don't like the taste, try 1kg of fresh spinach leaves a day...it has the same effect..!

can reliably inform all uk chlorophyll buyers, holland and barrett dont sell it, nor do they do wheatgrass. The nearest they do is chlorilla(?), which according to label is pretty much the same thing - thing is it costs about 16 quid!!
alfalfa sprout anyone??

sue
Old Jan 21st 2004, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

It doesn't mention any side effects on the bottle so I was quite alarmed to read that if you are pregnant or intending to get pregnant (just a little twinkle in the eye at present) then you should contact your doctor.

I am assuming that it would have something to do with the effect it has on the blood? Any medical peeps got any idea?

Di
Old Jan 21st 2004, 12:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
It doesn't mention any side effects on the bottle so I was quite alarmed to read that if you are pregnant or intending to get pregnant (just a little twinkle in the eye at present) then you should contact your doctor.

I am assuming that it would have something to do with the effect it has on the blood? Any medical peeps got any idea?

Di
The natural health food industry is highly unregulated. A lot of herbal supplements would not pass tests that the pharmaceutical industry have to undertake.

Another one to watch out for is st Johns Wart.

It also has problems mixed with other medicine.

Natural <> no probs.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:03 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

diane,

have also found many websites indicating chlorophyll is safe to use during pregnancy and is sometimes given to pregnant women to build haemoglobin,prevevt blood clots and reduce the risk of hemmoerages.
it has also been used to enable women to get pregnant who have a low haemoglobin count.
I guess as with all medication and medicines, you should consult with your doctor ( if he knows anything about herbal supplements)if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
I would speak to a naturopath if you have concerns

Steve
Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:05 am
WBB

Originally posted by kulu
Anyone heard of or used Spirulina? Supposed to be equally as good as Wheatgrass but is a type of algae. Tastes like s**t though.
probably because it is.

fitness and state of mind is far more important than these miracle cures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.