Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Turn your life around today

Turn your life around today

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Spose I could go outside and mow the kikuyu with my teeth!

I can think of better grass that is widely available here, and makes you feel good. Only prob is you'd get the munchies and giggle a lot so people might notice you'e on something good.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:43 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry you feel the need to take drugs to feel happy.You might want to consider a sense of humour which may make you laugh for a reason instead of a drug induced giggle and a choclate binge.
Here's hoping you see the light soon my friend
Speedy recovery.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ButtonMoon
I'm sorry you feel the need to take drugs to feel happy.You might want to consider a sense of humour which may make you laugh for a reason instead of a drug induced giggle and a choclate binge.
Here's hoping you see the light soon my friend
Speedy recovery.

Clearly to much chlorophyll intake dulls one's sense of humour.

I have never, EVER taken any illegal substance in my life. You seem to assume I am a druggie. How dare you!!! I am so anti drug you wouldn't believe it. I rarely drink either. I also NEVER eat chocolate......but since you obviously believe you know me well you should have known that already.

Last edited by wizzywozza; Jan 15th 2004 at 6:05 am.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:06 am
Semper Vigilante

Perhaps it was your references to grass, giggles and munchies that made me think you smoked pot.
I find it surprising that you take such offence considering you made the drug references in the first place.
Try some chocolate it may calm you down
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Sorry chocolate just won't do it for me - too many additives......gimme a jar of black olives and I'm happy.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:32 am
Semper Vigilante

A wise choice....you may have gathered that i am very anti drugs.
Make sure those olives are un salted
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turn your life around today

Originally posted by dotty
Seen all the punnets of it in the health food stores. Looks like some sort of salad sprout. That to me suggests a person could grow it themselves. Can you buy seeds for it? If so it must be a nice and cheap health boost. With the bloody heat and humidity here I could probably have a couple of acres of it within a week

It's all very well growing the stuff yourself, which is easy. But then you'll have to buy a wheatgrass juicer which is a relatively expensive piece of kit...
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:04 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Got $80 - might do the job? :

Sunbeam: Pure Juice JE4700

or $164?
Panasonic: JUICE EXTRACTOR (Model: MJ-66PR)
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a search on this and found quite a few recomendations, apparently very anti cancer.
But tell me, does it taste like puke...........
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:58 pm
Semper Vigilante

Yes, the juicers are expensive, you really need a wheatgrass juicer which runs slower than the rest.The conventional juicer could remove too much of the goodness.
I qiute like the taste of wheat grass but I object to paying $2.50 for a 30ml shot each day.
Try liquid chlorophyll,cheaper,faster,more pleasent tasting.
Chlorophyll is credited with clearing the lungs of mucus, attacking bad bacteria esp in the bowel( note colon cancer is attributed to the build up of bad bacteria-un proved).
The chemical structure of chlorophyll is almost identical to blood and thus promotes oxygenation of the blood.
It is credited with stabilising blood suger,blood pressure and actively removing carbon dioxide.
It is also supposed to remove decaying crusted fecal matter from the colon..hope you're not having breakfast...
You should also buy a fibre supplement like bourghal grains and throw it in stir frys,breakfast cereal etc.Fibre is well known as a sweeper of the bowel.
Am not obsessed with my bowels, but as there is ahistory of cancer in our family, my risk has increased considerably.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

cant you get it in capsule form so i wouldnt have to taste it?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:07 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Yes, the juicers are expensive, you really need a wheatgrass juicer which runs slower than the rest.The conventional juicer could remove too much of the goodness.
Could but does it? How would any differ from chewing?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:21 pm
Merlot

Default More water with it

Stick with it Guys and gals...It's only Thursday..!
The effects i am referring to for me are from taking the liquid chlorophyll, not the grasses.
It's blended with spearmint and is quite pleasent.
Your headaches are probably from detoxification.Don't take tablets, just make sure you drink plenty of water...You are dringing plenty of water aren't you...?
I know one of you is on barleygrass...is that a juice..?
How much are you all taking and in what form...?
If you're taking the concentrate, make sure you have at least an equal amount of liquid at the same time.
If after a week you guys don't see any real improvement i strongly suggest swithing to the liquid chlorophyll.
If you have a supply problem log onto www.lateralfood.com
Hang in there people, it is doing you good

Steve
Hi Steve

The Barley Grass is green powder, like finely cut grass and hubby I take it with half a glass of orange juice a day.

I think it is doing me good, as I said headaches are part of it and we have upped the water in take. I have also come off lactose products as this was making me ill and beefed up the daily walking to get fit so all combine I supposed. 100 years of rubbish in my body to flush out!!!!

One thing we have noticed is we feel really tired, maybe again a bi-product of detox. We will keep with it until the end of the rub - about a months worth.

Cheers
Merlot

Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:11 pm
Semper Vigilante

Go for it merlot and hubby.
I beleive that wheatgrass powder is available in the UK and I'm sure it would be available here.
Tiredness is a symptom of detox but it could also be because you are exercising more regularly.Make sure you take a fibre supplement in your evening meal or breakfast.Fibre is the body's sweep.
I was able to lose two stone in weight by doing just half an hour of exercise eack week and making changes to my eating patterns.
People believe that dieting has to mean sacrifice..it doesn't.
Small changes will give big results.
If you are addicted to hamburgers, make your own with lean mince,fresh herbs an egg and breadcrumbs.
Steak is ok but remone the fat before cooking,remove the skin from chicken,it is very fatty.If you can afford it buy organic meat.Normal chickens are bleached before hitting the shelves, beef contains growth hormones fed to the cow
You can get very low fat potato chips now.Pretsels are very low in fat and suger.
Write a list of your favourite foods and work out low fat and suger alternatives.Eat low fat yogurt.It is quite high in suger but you need to reward yourself each day.Consider taking yacult(?) every day, it has lots of good bacteria for your intestines.
REWARD yourself once a week at the end of the week with a bad meal like fish and chips or something fatty.Stick to your eating plan through the week.Try really hard not to snack between meals, drink extra glasses of water instead.
Steam your veggies and your chicken
If you like garlic set some aside to put in your food after it has been cooked.
Eat fish at least twice a week preferably salmon or tuna.Avoid flake ( shark), swordfish and any other big long living fish.
A recent study showed alarming levels of mercury in swordfish.
Limit your intake of shellfish(prawns etc) as shell fish are high in cholesterol.
Talking of which, get your cholesterol checked.It should be below 5.When i had mine first checked it was 9..!Doc said it was a surgery record....Didn't feel unwell but was heading for serious heart disease.Drag the Old man to the docs with you.Blokes are shockingly ignorant about health issues.
If you have a combined toilet and bathroom educate your bloke to putting the seat down before flushing.If you don't then microscopic pieses of poo will end up on everything in the bathroom including your tooth brush.
Coming off dairy is a good one.Dairy products promote mucus formation in the lungs.If you like tea and coffee try light soy milk,it's not as nutty as the full soy.Soy is full of calcium and you should monitor your calcium levels if you leave dairy behind.
Choose your products from the supermarket according to the saturated fat and suger content.If you want to know what saturated fat looks like then look at a block of butter that's been out of the fridge for a while.At room temp it doesn't melt away and neither does it mely away at body temperature.
FRIED FOODS.....No !If you need to use oil to cook,use olive oil,cold pressed.
Deep fried food is not only very bad for you but is often cooked in oil that has been reheated many times.Each time oil is heated to frying temperatures it releases carcogenic substances into the oil.
If your going to do it ,Friday night fish and chips should be moved to the day after your chippie has closed for a day or two.There is more likelyhood that he will have changed the oil prior to closing for a few days.Better still ask him how often and on what day he changes the oil.
BBQ'S are great but don't burn the meat.Burnt meat causes carcogenic chemicals to be released in to the meat.You can help protect the meat by marinating it for half an hour before hand.
Grow some herbs in a pot on the window ledge...coriander,parsley,chives etc.You will be amazed at the diferrence in how your food tastes.Use some in the cooking and some over the top after cooking....beautiful.
I could go on and on.....The point is though that you have taken the decision to better your life and that can only be a good thing.

Steve
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i presume you cant get it in capsules then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.