Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for non residents. Any ideas please?

Travel insurance for non residents. Any ideas please?

Old Apr 8th 2017, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

rvs22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel insurance for non residents. Any ideas please?

Guys,

It is really up to you what you want to think and do.

No other posters were able to provide any satisfactory answer or solution to the original poster's questions. Incidentally, I happened to know the solution. And casually posted it.

I am surprised to see that a bunch of people are creating a fuss about it.

If you don't like my answer, don't use that resource. Or delete the post. I don't care.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 11:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rvs22
Guys,

No other posters were able to provide any satisfactory answer or solution to the original poster's questions. Incidentally, I happened to know the solution. And casually posted it.

If you don't like my answer, don't use that resource. Or delete the post. I don't care.
well actually I did decide to say if they could beat my current company as I genuinely need a policy in the next couple of weeks. However they do seem to be aimed at either visitors to the USA or US residents travelling abroad, rather than at Australians. It also refused to give me a quote for a trip starting any day other than yesterday, which is rather confusing So thanks for the thought but personally I'd rather stick to a company based here, if only cos its cheaper to ring them!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 8th 2017 at 11:20 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

rvs22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I visited Insubuy web site just now and under International Medical --> Travel Outside USA section, I was able to select

Citizenship = Non-US Citizen
Home Country = Outside USA
Start Date = Tomorrow (04/09/2017, Please note US format).
End Date = A week from tomorrow (04/16/2017)
Home Country Departure = Departed within 1 month

And I was able to get the quotes from multiple companies.

I also tried putting yesterday's date and it didn't even allow that which makes sense.

You can also try sending them an email.

Last edited by rvs22; Apr 8th 2017 at 11:30 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 12:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

It's good that you found a thread to post on after 11 years - have a browse around, there are tons of interesting topics apart from insurance
Old Apr 9th 2017, 1:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
well actually I did decide to say if they could beat my current company as I genuinely need a policy in the next couple of weeks. However they do seem to be aimed at either visitors to the USA or US residents travelling abroad, rather than at Australians. It also refused to give me a quote for a trip starting any day other than yesterday, which is rather confusing So thanks for the thought but personally I'd rather stick to a company based here, if only cos its cheaper to ring them!
I'm looking for a policy too Polly so checked out Insubuy on Google for reviews. I'll be leaving them well alone!
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm looking for a policy too Polly so checked out Insubuy on Google for reviews. I'll be leaving them well alone!
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:23 am
Home and Happy

I visited Insubuy web site just now and under International Medical --> Travel Outside USA section, I was able to select

Citizenship = Non-US Citizen
Home Country = Outside USA
Start Date = Tomorrow (04/09/2017, Please note US format).
End Date = A week from tomorrow (04/16/2017)
Home Country Departure = Departed within 1 month

And I was able to get the quotes from multiple companies.

I also tried putting yesterday's date and it didn't even allow that which makes sense.

You can also try sending them an email.
Actually I used the calendar on the site........One really needs insurance from the date you book the holiday which can be 12 months ahead.

However Scouse of Spouse is right, having read the reviews even if I was unlucky enough to be in the US I wouldn't be using them.