Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Originally Posted by renth
OK here's something else, all the signs to the airport used to read "Domestic" and "International" - the terminals are on opposite sides of the airfield.

Now the signs all read "Terminals 1 & 2" and "Terminals 3 & 4" - well confusing - it caught me out when I went to pick my girls up when they returned from their Canberra trip.
The transition of the domestic terminal to the international is going to be a mess but there is no doubt that Perth airport is being dramatically improved. It needs to be as it is pretty dire at the moment
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I live close to the airport so no hassle getting there but Perth really needs that rail link
Great! So, we'll park our car at your place and take a taxi from there. That'll save me the long term parking fees at the airport.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:11 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have the same timing problem: the train from the Southern Highlands takes a bit less than two hours to the International or Domestic terminals, but there was a huge gap around midday. The BA flights always leave at around 3 - 4pm so unless you cut it very fine (not a good idea with Sydney trains) you ended up leaving home about 6 hrs before the flight and hanging around the airport for hours.

Thankfully the Liberals have now made it an hourly service so we can use the trains again - Perth might do the same sometime in the next century?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

so i arrived in the airport very early when I checked in thank God that Qantas offered me an available earlier flight to Sydney.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
so i arrived in the airport very early when I checked in thank God that Qantas offered me an available earlier flight to Sydney.
Bonus! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Pity you weren't here today, it's almost cool!
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

When you've recovered from your hot weekend in Perth, it would be interesting to hear what you thought of the place.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

well, i think there are many beautiful people in perth
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

well, i think there are many beautiful people in perth
One less now, obviously
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
One less now, obviously