Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

I was looking at the Perth connect shuttle service for a weekend and there's no service from the CBD that arrive at the airport between 7:30am and 7:15pm, and I thought WTF?

The Transperth 37 Bus arrives at the airport ~10am at the earliest. So there's a gap between 7:30am and 10am.

I need to be at the airport around 9am and don't want to be there too early and I hope to avoid paying for a taxi fare or a tortuous multi-service trip.

Gosh what kind of transport planning allows this public transport blackhole?

Please can anyone suggest a route on a Sunday from the CBD to the airport without paying through the nose.

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all
Default Re: Transport to Perth Airport - WTF?

Public transport to Perth Airport?
Try a taxi for $35 or so. Make sure you know how
to get there as it's quite likely the driver will not.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
I was looking at the Perth connect shuttle service for a weekend and there's no service from the CBD that arrive at the airport between 7:30am and 7:15pm, and I thought WTF?

The Transperth 37 Bus arrives at the airport ~10am at the earliest. So there's a gap between 7:30am and 10am.

I need to be at the airport around 9am and don't want to be there too early and I hope to avoid paying for a taxi fare or a tortuous multi-service trip.

Gosh what kind of transport planning allows this public transport blackhole?

Please can anyone suggest a route on a Sunday from the CBD to the airport without paying through the nose.

Thanks
When are you going and where do you live? If its the same day were going and you live on the way we could be convinced to pick you up on the way.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

thanks dorothy, i'm alright. prolly just take the cab.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by upyerfud
i might just take the 7:30 shuttle and wait in the bar for brekkie or something.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

How about using the shuttle bus? http://www.perthairport.com.au/ToThe.../Shuttles.aspx. Timetable here. Just looked at the timetable and see what you mean - can't be right, surely? But, then, this is Perth.

Last edited by bitzenpces; Jan 14th 2014 at 11:13 am.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
How about using the shuttle bus? http://www.perthairport.com.au/ToThe.../Shuttles.aspx. Timetable here. Just looked at the timetable and see what you mean - can't be right, surely? But, then, this is Perth.
yeah thats what i saw. i rang them and the lady said their timetable in the website is absolutely correct.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by upyerfud
We recently paid $64 .We are a half hours drive from there.You can use the taxi calculator to give a rough idea.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

$64 is just soooo wrong
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

$64 is just soooo wrong
I'd only charge you $50.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

$64 is just soooo wrong
Welcome to rip off Perth, it cost me over $100 to get to/from Iluka.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'd only charge you $50.
The coach is $15 but will be 2 hours early. Will just spend the saving in a nice proper brekkie in the terminal, if theres any.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

The coach is $15 but will be 2 hours early. Will just spend the saving in a nice proper brekkie in the terminal, if theres any.
Hopefully you can get a decent breakfast there, but I wouldn't be confident about it. Dome might be the only place to get that. I had about 20 minutes to kill at the domestic terminal a couple of months ago, waiting for OH to pick me up, and it took almost that long just to get a takeaway coffee. The "barista" just had no idea about customer service.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

OK here's something else, all the signs to the airport used to read "Domestic" and "International" - the terminals are on opposite sides of the airfield.

Now the signs all read "Terminals 1 & 2" and "Terminals 3 & 4" - well confusing - it caught me out when I went to pick my girls up when they returned from their Canberra trip.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I live close to the airport so no hassle getting there but Perth really needs that rail link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.