Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfer Money from Australia to UK question

Transfer Money from Australia to UK question

Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough
Default Transfer Money from Australia to UK question

I need to quickly transfer some money from my Australian bank account to my UK one. I haven't done this before and am not sure which details of my UK account I need to give to my Australian bank so that they can transfer the money.
I know that they will probably need the Account name, Account number, Bank Sort Code but is there anything else that they will need? I believe there may be some other info such as some sort of international bank number.

If anyone knows the details they will need from I would be grateful if you could reply.

Thanks.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Transfer Money from Australia to UK question

Originally Posted by migrantoz
I need to quickly transfer some money from my Australian bank account to my UK one. I haven't done this before and am not sure which details of my UK account I need to give to my Australian bank so that they can transfer the money.
I know that they will probably need the Account name, Account number, Bank Sort Code but is there anything else that they will need? I believe there may be some other info such as some sort of international bank number.

If anyone knows the details they will need from I would be grateful if you could reply.

Thanks.
I recommend using Ozforex. They will tell you all the details you need and will give you a better rate than your bank.

BB
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Transfer Money from Australia to UK question

Yeah but I need to do it quickly and they will want me to register and probably 1 million points of ID etc etc.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but I need to do it quickly and they will want me to register and probably 1 million points of ID etc etc.
It took about two minutes to complete the verification process with Ozforex after I registered with them on line.

To transfer the money to UK you are going to need either an IBAN or a swift number. Both of these are normally on your UK bank statement.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

I knew there would be a catch. You need to transfer more than A$2000. I only want to transfer A$1000.

Thanks for the info Bermudashorts. You're right there is a Swift and an IBAN number on my UK account statement.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew there would be a catch. You need to transfer more than A$2000. I only want to transfer A$1000.
No catch. You just seem determined to make life difficult. Use their sister company Tranzfers. Tranzfers is for transfers up to $5,000. Above that and you use Ozforex. www.tranzfers.com.au
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
No catch. You just seem determined to make life difficult. Use their sister company Tranzfers. Tranzfers is for transfers up to $5,000. Above that and you use Ozforex. www.tranzfers.com.au
they will deal with amounts as low as $50. Very quick, very easy, very cheap The cash I moved from Aus on Wednesday hit London on Friday
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info again. Like to say it isn't me making life difficult, the aforementioned companies, oh and the government make all the rules. The ones that make life difficult. If it was easy we wouldn't need clever people like you to guide the idiots like me.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info again. Like to say it isn't me making life difficult, the aforementioned companies, oh and the government make all the rules. The ones that make life difficult. If it was easy we wouldn't need clever people like you to guide the idiots like me.
Honestly, tranzfers/Ozforex make the process extremely painless. If you have any doubts, drop a pm to BE poster mgilmour who is from that company and is always willing to help out. Much easier than any of the banks I've ever had to deal with
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Done it and yes it wasn't too difficult but would definitely have been a bit quicker going in and using the bank. So for anyone else who needs to transfer money like yesterday then it may be worth just walking in to your bank and paying a little extra to do it right away. It did take a couple of days to register and then another two more days for the funds to arrive with Tranzfers before the conversion and still waiting for the funds to arrive in my UK account.

Now I have the account set up I will probably use it if need to send more money over in the future.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:10 am
Home and Happy

Done it and yes it wasn't too difficult but would definitely have been a bit quicker going in and using the bank. So for anyone else who needs to transfer money like yesterday then it may be worth just walking in to your bank and paying a little extra to do it right away. It did take a couple of days to register and then another two more days for the funds to arrive with Tranzfers before the conversion and still waiting for the funds to arrive in my UK account.

Now I have the account set up I will probably use it if need to send more money over in the future.
Thats Ok if you can get to your bank easily then. I'll stick to the internet though - and I get better service from tranzfers than from any of the poxy banks out here