Tra

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

thebassman is on a distinguished road
Default Tra

Hello

Can anyone send me amy detailed info for what I should send to the TRA, I have looked at lots of posts on here regarding the TRA, but no one seems to answer questions fully (within the forum at least) it just seems to be a standard "send them everything". if its possible could someone post something like an idiots guide/ this is what I sent to the TRA and passed?

Like many of the posts I have seen here I do not have a clue on where to start with the information required, I do not regard myself as stupid but it seems to be a very daunting paperwork chase going by previous threads on what the TRA will pass, so I want to try to get it right first time.
Although after reading previous threads it would appear people are some what reluctant to share this kind of detailed information.

Please do not take this the wrong way as I mean this in a constructive manner, if it is the case that its not the done thing to share this kind of info thats fine, but I thought that was the purpose of these kind of forums.

I have emailed the TRA direct and asked them exactly what they expect to receive, I attached a copy of my CV, but got the standard referal to their online application form, so no luck there... and yes I have read the application form and I realise they want detailed discriptions, but to be honest it was only after reading posts on this site that I have started to panic somewhat as I dont want to waste 3 - 6 months only to fail because I forgot to dot an I or cross a T.

I am a Carpenter by trade (NVQ level 3 sitework) so any information from anyone who has passed the TRA would be helpfull.

Many thanks In advance
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:02 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tra

I don't think anybody quite knows exactly what they want.

Our agent said they most certainly don't want just the spaces on the form filling in, they expect several pages of A4 explaining you job and training.
When I did my husbands I basically did a DIY booklet on roofing, a walk through several types of jobs including tools used and pictures. Also the employer reference needs to be indepth, I made sure than both his work experience and both reference had included all the required parts of the job that his sol list number stated he must be able to do (sorry cant figure out where i got the list) it was the sol list and it explained the requirements for all jobs, he had to use a ladder! so in it went, the list was endless.

Hope you get some answers

jenny
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:08 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebassman
Hello

Can anyone send me amy detailed info for what I should send to the TRA, I have looked at lots of posts on here regarding the TRA, but no one seems to answer questions fully (within the forum at least) it just seems to be a standard "send them everything". if its possible could someone post something like an idiots guide/ this is what I sent to the TRA and passed?

Like many of the posts I have seen here I do not have a clue on where to start with the information required, I do not regard myself as stupid but it seems to be a very daunting paperwork chase going by previous threads on what the TRA will pass, so I want to try to get it right first time.
Although after reading previous threads it would appear people are some what reluctant to share this kind of detailed information.

Please do not take this the wrong way as I mean this in a constructive manner, if it is the case that its not the done thing to share this kind of info thats fine, but I thought that was the purpose of these kind of forums.

I have emailed the TRA direct and asked them exactly what they expect to receive, I attached a copy of my CV, but got the standard referal to their online application form, so no luck there... and yes I have read the application form and I realise they want detailed discriptions, but to be honest it was only after reading posts on this site that I have started to panic somewhat as I dont want to waste 3 - 6 months only to fail because I forgot to dot an I or cross a T.

I am a Carpenter by trade (NVQ level 3 sitework) so any information from anyone who has passed the TRA would be helpfull.

Many thanks In advance
i went thru tra a few years ago. i sent qualifications/ certificates, references from work and college/training centre, copies of the syllabus you studied so they can see what your training covered, a full work history with letters from those employers if possible. get them to detail exactly what you did and when you did it..any post trade qualifications send them aswell. look at it as if they have no idea what a carpenter is or what he does. take copies of
everything and send everything registered post. i paid a bit extra to get it express processed and got it back in 4 weeks. i was daunted but it all ended up being painless. get someone to proof read everything twice.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:13 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
i went thru tra a few years ago. i sent qualifications/ certificates, references from work and college/training centre, copies of the syllabus you studied so they can see what your training covered, a full work history with letters from those employers if possible. get them to detail exactly what you did and when you did it..any post trade qualifications send them aswell. look at it as if they have no idea what a carpenter is or what he does. take copies of
everything and send everything registered post. i paid a bit extra to get it express processed and got it back in 4 weeks. i was daunted but it all ended up being painless. get someone to proof read everything twice.
but did you pass your assesment ?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:49 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
but did you pass your assesment ?
I hope so otherwise I am looking at a holiday in Baxter!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously dude, if your asking these sorts of question your better off in England.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:44 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Many thanks In advance
It can seem like your getting jelly head with all the reading required.
I found the list in the TRA form quite helpfull.
Yeah it takes time but will all come together in the end
Get refrences from colleges, old and present employers, if selfemployed then that is harder will need refs from suppliers, accontant , customers,
The main thing i think is to get all the info contained in the refs that the tra want, devils in the detail.
Basicly go down the tra guide on the form step by step.
Thats what i did and got a result first time round .
If you can pass NVQ 3 ok you can do TRA and Dimma forms.
Its just time consuming read all your refs and the TRA from many times IT will all sink in.
If you get stuck ask on hear , Good luck
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:23 am
Just Joined

But seriously dude, if your asking these sorts of question your better off in England.

Why?

after all thats the point of the forum to ask these sorts of questions
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Have a look in this forum and see how many people are asking the same or very similar questions, look at the answers that have been posted. Sometimes you just need a jumpstart for it all to fall into place and make sence.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:00 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Bassman

My hubby is self employed so may be a little different regrding paperwork needed but we sent the following.
A very detailed reference from the company he trained with, including dates, all tools used and exactly what he learnt with them.
Three seperate refs from three companies he has sub contracted for, giving approx hours worked, what tools he used and exactly what kind of contracts he worked and supplies he used etc
Health and safety course proof
A two page (A4), list of all tools he uses
Proof of advertising
Letter from inland revenue and copies of last 4 years figures
Letter and copies from accountant of last 4 years profit/loss
Above two help prove that hubby is what he says he is, and the dates back up his self employment dates.
Then also sent the stuff that was requested on the forms,ie photos etc

Everything you send cannot be detailed enough, try to think of it as a court case and the more proof you submit the less you will be questioned (that sounds awful but basically that is how it works).

Hope this helps
Carole

Hello

Many thanks In advance
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the info sid...
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hey the bassman

I don't think that comment was meant for you (Dude, stay in England) it was meant for the person asking the poster had he passed TRA.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hey the bassman

I don't think that comment was meant for you (Dude, stay in England) it was meant for the person asking the poster had he passed TRA.
Oooooooops in that case......lol
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, have you thought about employing an agent to help you with TRA?, I know they cost a few quid but money well spent (I think)
We are using OE Visas and Go Matilda get's excellent reports on here.
Otherwise good luck!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Anyway, have you thought about employing an agent to help you with TRA?, I know they cost a few quid but money well spent (I think)
We are using OE Visas and Go Matilda get's excellent reports on here.
Otherwise good luck!!
Hi Kevin,

yeah we have thought about an agent, but whilst at sandown last week we spoke to a couple of agents there who all said do the TRA yourself and employ us for the visas.

But me and the wife have just been talking about using an agent going to look into the cost etc. is your agent based in Oz or the UK.

Cheers

gary
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile Re: Tra

Hi Kevin,

yeah we have thought about an agent, but whilst at sandown last week we spoke to a couple of agents there who all said do the TRA yourself and employ us for the visas.

But me and the wife have just been talking about using an agent going to look into the cost etc. is your agent based in Oz or the UK.

Cheers

gary
Hi thebassman,

Have you looked at JAJ's thread, on the threads home page.
"Useful Australia Links"
Theres a lot of info, on visa's, agents, etc, may come in handy.

hope you get what you need.

paz.

Last edited by pazza; Mar 28th 2005 at 3:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.