Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville: Some more pics

Townsville: Some more pics

Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:10 pm
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Townsville: Some more pics

Hey Julie - didn't see you there. We were Wednesday to Sunday.

Hope all well with you

Originally Posted by The A Team
We were at Daydream Island last week as well......loved it

Great pics, thanks for sharing
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:06 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Monday to Thursday for us, thought it was a great little place and was really quite impressed. Loved all the sharks and rays in the lagoons throughout the resort.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

We were at Daydream Island last week as well......loved it

Great pics, thanks for sharing
Hey
great pics as usual,must def get our ass into gear and head south!

A-team- you delighted by the win on sat night? was good game! stadium was bloody freezing we just couldn't sit up the back for second half so sat in some free seats down the front in order to warm up, will prob see you and a game in future!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:00 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trice_ie
Hey
great pics as usual,must def get our ass into gear and head south!

A-team- you delighted by the win on sat night? was good game! stadium was bloody freezing we just couldn't sit up the back for second half so sat in some free seats down the front in order to warm up, will prob see you and a game in future!

It was an awesome game on Saturday....you picked a good one We were frozen as well even after our hot chocolate to try and warm ourselves up. Luckily we were so busy cheering and jumping up and down in the final quarter we didn't notice the aircon so much
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:40 am
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

I keep coming back to this thread, probably because I intermittently feel the need to share with you guys the photos that say to us 'this is why we're here!'. It makes me smile to read people talking about Brownsville in some threads - I expected some brown, but in the year or so that we've been here it's been nothing but lush & green. Even Castle Hill is green!

Had another trip to Magnetic Island this week. I can't express how perfect this place is. Pack up car, 20 minute ferry ride and you're on a tropical island. It's the last weekend of the kids holidays & we still found bays with only one or two other families. As you can see the kids are still mesmerised by the lorikeets and wildlife is amazing from the coral, dugongs & turtles in the water to the shores & beach full of crabs of every size to the kookaburras perched just above when we were eating dinner (Ok, they had their eye on my barra...!).

So to everyone thinking of coming over to Australia, yes it's worth it. To those thinking of coming to Townsville - I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

See ya

D x

Last edited by drdan; Apr 19th 2009 at 10:48 am.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:41 am
Danny

Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

scottish_stu will become famous soon enough

amazing pictures cant wait to visit
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Still fabulous!! Thanks for sharing

(By the way, have completed my DFSRH - formerly the DFFP....almost finished HO year )
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:25 am
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by drdan
I keep coming back to this thread, probably because I intermittently feel the need to share with you guys the photos that say to us 'this is why we're here!'. It makes me smile to read people talking about Brownsville in some threads - I expected some brown, but in the year or so that we've been here it's been nothing but lush & green. Even Castle Hill is green!

Had another trip to Magnetic Island this week. I can't express how perfect this place is. Pack up car, 20 minute ferry ride and you're on a tropical island. It's the last weekend of the kids holidays & we still found bays with only one or two other families. As you can see the kids are still mesmerised by the lorikeets and wildlife is amazing from the coral, dugongs & turtles in the water to the shores & beach full of crabs of every size to the kookaburras perched just above when we were eating dinner (Ok, they had their eye on my barra...!).

So to everyone thinking of coming over to Australia, yes it's worth it. To those thinking of coming to Townsville - I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

See ya

D x

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644775_pqEGi-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644817_7uNcW-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644741_3xtZV-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644701_ejue7-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644619_J9j9n-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644659_qrwXv-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515644546_aMbFd-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515645086_M2rGf-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/515645130_EDW5R-XL.jpg
Wonderful photos and couldn't agree more with your comments Brownsville......I don't think so!!!! Magnetic Island is gorgeous
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful photos and couldn't agree more with your comments Brownsville......I don't think so!!!! Magnetic Island is gorgeous
heavenly can't wait to go there!!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Can't believe I haven't toured Maggie yet, only got as far as the harbour to pick up patients and bring them back lol. Me and the Misses keep working opposite shifts, but have promissed to go across when we are next off together and hire a moke.

Also agree, Townsville is paradise, love the place, couldn't ask for anything more.

John
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

WOW!!!! Insane photos. I visited Australia for 3 months about a year back and fell head over heals in love with the country. Currently debating on whether to move there permanently and these photos just keep my excitment up. Im a huge fan of the native wildlife there, ie. The lorakeets and love the reefs. Was thinking about moving to Brisbane as im a designer and need to be in a fairly large city for a good amount of job opps. If not I would love to move further north where I could snorkel every weekend!