British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Too many poms in OZ ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/too-many-poms-oz-329311/)

Vegemite Kids Oct 3rd 2005 1:24 pm

Too many poms in OZ !

OMG - I've just seen an advert on Ch9 .....

coming soon ......

coronation street :scared:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :D :D :D

seang Oct 3rd 2005 1:33 pm

Re: Too many poms in OZ !

Oh cool.
If they start at the beginning (the old black and white episodes) maybe by the time Australia catches up they will have colour T.V's in Aus :p

Guess this is revenge for Home and Away and neighbours :D

phoenixinoz Oct 3rd 2005 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids

coming soon ......

Aye....but most of the Poms are in Perth;)

You lot keep Corro....and we'll stick to "A Country Practice" here in redneck country:D

OzTennis Oct 3rd 2005 1:49 pm

They must have exhausted the dregs of US programming and have moved onto UK programming. :D

Only joking but I wonder what the Aussies will make of life lived out in a pub and a run down terrace of semi-detached homes with mainly dismal story lines? They may like it and hanker for a series set around a pub and a run down terrace of semi-detached homes with even more depressing story lines set in Walford rather than Weatherfield. :D

OzTennis :)

Vegemite Kids Oct 3rd 2005 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by OzTennis
They must have exhausted the dregs of US programming and have moved onto UK programming. :D

Only joking but I wonder what the Aussies will make of life lived out in a pub and a run down terrace of semi-detached homes with mainly dismal story lines? They may like it and hanker for a series set around a pub and a run down terrace of semi-detached homes with even more depressing story lines set in Walford rather than Weatherfield. :D

Please God No:eek: I know we've inflicted H&A and Neighbours on the Brits but surely we dont deserve this in return. Tis a cruel, cruel punishment :D

Vegemite Kids Oct 3rd 2005 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
....and we'll stick to "A Country Practice" here in redneck country:D

Quality programming that is, just pure, pure quality (almost as good as sons & daughters ;) )

gogdownunder Oct 3rd 2005 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by seang
Oh cool.
If they start at the beginning (the old black and white episodes) maybe by the time Australia catches up they will have colour T.V's in Aus :p

Been there done that, Coronation St was given the big A here maybe 20/30y ago. Is Ena Sharples still alive , is Elsie Tanner still getting it from Len? ;)

OzTennis Oct 3rd 2005 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Been there done that, Coronation St was given the big A here maybe 20/30y ago. Is Ena Sharples still alive , is Elsie Tanner still getting it from Len? ;)

No and no (all dead in real life). :D

Status Quo is on Corrie now (according to my newspaper). Come to think of it they were around at the same time as Ena, Elsie and Len. :D

possoms Oct 3rd 2005 2:17 pm

coming soon ......

Brilliant news knew there was a reason for going out there :D

seang Oct 3rd 2005 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by gogdownunder

No they lost the plot when the aliens from mars invaded. Wont give anymore away

OzTennis Oct 3rd 2005 2:18 pm

Please God No:eek: I know we've inflicted H&A and Neighbours on the Brits but surely we dont deserve this in return. Tis a cruel, cruel punishment :D

Don't forget Kath and Kim (which I find hilarious).

Badge Oct 4th 2005 12:53 am

I've just realised that I have never ever watched, consciously, ONE episode of ''Corrie".

All I recall is doing something else like pick up a book after seeing that ginger cat sitting on the roofs of the houses.

Badge

Scossie Oct 4th 2005 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Badge
I've just realised that I have never ever watched, consciously, ONE episode of ''Corrie".

All I recall is doing something else like pick up a book after seeing that ginger cat sitting on the roofs of the houses.

Badge

Same here Badge.
Never seen a single episode in my life!

It's actually quite an achievement!:)
If I was locked in a room with all the cast members, past and present, I wouldn't recognise any of them. (unless I'd seen them in something else).
I don't even have a clue what it's about, or where it's supposed to be set!:confused::confused:

jib Oct 4th 2005 3:08 am

What is a "Corrie" :confused:

Scossie Oct 4th 2005 3:18 am

Originally Posted by jib
What is a "Corrie" :confused:

It's the Scottish name for a bowl shaped geological feature usually found between 2 mountains.
Corries were formed by glaciers during the last ice age!:D

They are also the 2 blokes who wrote and sang, "Flower Of Scotland". :)