Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:45 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by curly

Have you an estimated date for completion?
Sometime in September hopefully, or sooner in our dreams
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Is that about average then 6 months?

Think how exciting it'll be when they start putting the kitchen etc in
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Our bricks are finished and the roofer starts tomorrow :-) OH has meeting with site manager at the house this morning. Hope to get a revised time of completion - was supposed to be end of May but we had 2 months delay on bricks!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:01 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Is that about average then 6 months?
It depends. I have known someone's house take 5 months.

Thing is, it's due to be finished right on when my sister and hubby come over. She'll probably be helping me move in!

Think how exciting it'll be when they start putting the kitchen etc in
I know, I can't wait!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Muppett
Our bricks are finished and the roofer starts tomorrow :-) OH has meeting with site manager at the house this morning. Hope to get a revised time of completion - was supposed to be end of May but we had 2 months delay on bricks!!
Let's hope it's soon
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Site manager said that if there are no more delays (which is unlikely - something else is bound to be delayed) - it should take 12 weeks from today - so that makes it mid June, but the slab went down beginning of November and then nothing happened until beginning of Feb when the brickie arrived (bricks arrive mid Jan). I am aiming for July - then my parents come over in Sept to help sort the back garden out. The crane arrives tomorrow to lift the steel beams onto the roof. So we are on to the next stage. Yippee!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:16 pm

Went today and they have done the foundations, termite treatment, laid the plastic and wire mesh. (I'm sure there are more technical terms for it, but never mind )

It doesn't half look small at this stage
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-14.03.07-001.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-14.03.07-010.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-14.03.07-003.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:27 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Went today and they have done the foundations, termite treatment, laid the plastic and wire mesh. (I'm sure there are more technical terms for it, but never mind )

Have you gone for the 3 or 4 bed?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful to be able to follow the build's progress!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:08 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Buildings always look small when you are looking at the foundations - although i have no idea why ! Anyway I have seen the house plans and it is definitely NOT going to be small!!

Keep the piccies coming!
hugs
Adele x
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Have you gone for the 3 or 4 bed?
4 Bed
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:08 am

4 Bed
Cool , my mate moves into his new place this weekend , and its been just over a year from buying the plot till now , but its gone fast !
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:05 am

Your slab is done
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Your slab is done
Have you been down and had a sneaky look like?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:35 am

Have you been down and had a sneaky look like?
Hell yeah nothing better than a good nose around also signed perthforme was ere in the still wet slab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.