Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:07 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Now they've knocked it down again!

never mind, I'll get my coat.......

Buzzy
Don't explain that one <g>
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Looks great, keep the pictures coming and good luck with the rest.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:19 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasswa
Tiawa,

Just curious about your user name......anything to do with the little place in NZ's north island or the Finn family?

S
Yes but mine's spelled with an 'i' instead of a an 'e'

It's normally Te Awamutu
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:25 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Don't explain that one <g>
No need to explain anything

Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

looking good mate you put me to shame on the picture front
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scissors
Visited our house last night - only have a front and couple of internal walls left to go up before we reach plate height - shouldn't think much will happen today in this rain though!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hope the rain keeps off for you

tracey

Originally Posted by Muppett
Visited our house last night - only have a front and couple of internal walls left to go up before we reach plate height - shouldn't think much will happen today in this rain though!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
What pictures?

It's that long since I saw any, I've forgotten what your picture taking skills are like
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:31 pm

....and Monday is a bank holiday

It does sound like it's coming on great though

Have they been working on your place on the weekends?

I've noticed a lot of builders working on weekends, even Sunday
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Qaxpla is an unknown quantity at this point

wow the build is looking awesome so far!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
....and Monday is a bank holiday

It does sound like it's coming on great though

Have they been working on your place on the weekends?

I've noticed a lot of builders working on weekends, even Sunday
Popped up there Saturday morning about 10.30 and there wasn't anyone there then, but they had been there as another wall was up and the mortar was still wet. I know they worked the first Saturday they were there too, but not sure whether they work every one. Stopped myself from going down there yesterday to see if they were there or not - try to go once or twice a week now rather than every couple of days as you see more progress.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:58 am

Popped up there Saturday morning about 10.30 and there wasn't anyone there then, but they had been there as another wall was up and the mortar was still wet. I know they worked the first Saturday they were there too, but not sure whether they work every one. Stopped myself from going down there yesterday to see if they were there or not - try to go once or twice a week now rather than every couple of days as you see more progress.
Hope I get like that eventually, as at the moment I am going every day!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:11 pm

Spoke to the builder yesterday, and he says he's going to inspect the site before the end of the week, and he says the slab will go down next week, as it has been too hot (42 degrees) to put it down this week.

He said the pipework and the footing would be done hopefully this week, so fingers crossed.

Went today, and they've delivered the wire mesh that goes under the slab.

Had a sneaky look at the invoice stuck underneath it and saw our plot number on the sheet
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-07.03.07-004.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:30 am

Woohoo!

It's finally started!

We have pipes and string
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-dscf0049.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-dscf0055.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-dscf0053.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Woohoo!

It's finally started!

We have pipes and string

Have you an estimated date for completion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.