Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:36 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Have you moved in when your house is not completely finished? Is that possible?

If so, there might be hope for me yet, as the start date for our house is a month behind schedule.
No, that's not possible. But we have an acre of land, most of which is going to be planted with natives so we've been planting at the back, out of the way of the builders, for 3 months now. So far some 180 plants - and they've taken! some are four times the size.

I'm also painting the garage and workshop walls so that I can get their floors etched and painted before the place is finished. It all helps to make for an easier move!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:14 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
No, that's not possible. But we have an acre of land, most of which is going to be planted with natives so we've been planting at the back, out of the way of the builders, for 3 months now. So far some 180 plants - and they've taken! some are four times the size.

I'm also painting the garage and workshop walls so that I can get their floors etched and painted before the place is finished. It all helps to make for an easier move!
Thank god our house is completely finished and ready to move into. Landscaping and painting included in the package.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god our house is completely finished and ready to move into. Landscaping and painting included in the package.
That was quick - it was bare land yesterday :-)

Buzzy
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:30 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
Lol, I wish
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy
Oh, he's quick - so very very quick <g>
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Oh, he's quick - so very very quick <g>
Who's 'He'?

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 28th 2007 at 10:00 am.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who's 'He'?
BB
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Wol
BB
OK
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:26 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

OK
BB = Buzzy Bee
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by thebears
BB = Buzzy Bee
I know that....just didn't get why he was saying BB was quick

Never mind anyway
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:37 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I know that....just didn't get why he was saying BB was quick

Never mind anyway
Gee you have become Australian! I always find I have to explain jokes to Australians.

Buzzy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:46 am

Weather's been rainy here last few days, so I thought they'd stopped work for the rest of the week.

I went today, and the land's been prepared for the slab
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-01.03.07-001.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-01.03.07-004.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-01.03.07-005.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Now they've knocked it down again!

never mind, I'll get my coat.......

Buzzy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

sasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nice

I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! )

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.
Tiawa,

Just curious about your user name......anything to do with the little place in NZ's north island or the Finn family?

S
Old Mar 1st 2007, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Now they've knocked it down again!

never mind, I'll get my coat.......

Buzzy
LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.