Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:51 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Just noticed you live in Newcastle, Kaye.

I came from the North-East too

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 27th 2007 at 3:54 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:01 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I know I remember from you picture....... I was an immigrant to the area I married a geordie. We saw you were organising a meet a while back cant remember where now unfortunately did not see it in time or we would have been there, ah well now I get to watch you build your house instead.

We are just in process of putting visa app in passed TRA early this month.

Hopefully not to long before we get to experience what you are obviously enjoying

Best wishes from the North east

Kaye
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:13 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
I know I remember from you picture....... I was an immigrant to the area I married a geordie. We saw you were organising a meet a while back cant remember where now unfortunately did not see it in time or we would have been there, ah well now I get to watch you build your house instead.

We are just in process of putting visa app in passed TRA early this month.

Hopefully not to long before we get to experience what you are obviously enjoying

Best wishes from the North east

Kaye
I remember that too.....were you going on a reccie, is that why you couldn't make it, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, we are really enjoying it here. Miss family a bit, but we are lucky that my sister's coming over in September, and my parents are coming over for Christmas. Would never have dreamt they would come over so soon, but I think it's because we are building the house, and will be caught up in that, and will not be able to visit them.

Good luck with the visa.

Where are you thinking of living when you get here?

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 27th 2007 at 4:15 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:27 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Could have been us we went last August to Brisbane had a fantastic time.

We are looking at Queensland we think although we keep getting told that for my OH the work situation is very good in Perth. He does pipe fitting first class welder air conditioning gas fitting etc.

My parents live in Spain have brother in this country mum and dad would dearly love to live in Cairns but my mums mum has been ill quite a bit so decided on Spain within easy reach of UK. They previously lived in Bahrain for years.But chances are they would visit they say for 6 months at a time definately need a house with granny flat.

Kaye
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:09 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
The next pictures I post, will hopefully have something more interesting in them!
Looks like a very nice hole <g>.

Can I make a suggestion? Download an image compressor - they are only a few Kb - and the photos come up much quicker, and more people will bother to look at them.

Oscar's JPEG Thumbmaker is a freebie, works beautifully and quickly:

http://www.mediachance.com/free/thumber.htm
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
Looks like a very nice hole <g>.

Can I make a suggestion? Download an image compressor - they are only a few Kb - and the photos come up much quicker, and more people will bother to look at them.

hows ur house build comin along Wol
Old Feb 28th 2007, 12:03 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
hows ur house build comin along Wol
Comin on fine, thanks. As soon as the sun comes out and it is dry enough to set foot in the "garden" again I'll post! (It's been tipping down for so long now that the bits of my land that haven't poured into my neighbour's garden are just bogs. Not helped by the fact that the gutter downpipes aren't yet fitted.)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Looks like a very nice hole .

Just looked at your house building thread, and your photo's seem to take just as long as mine to load in

Is that after you have used Oscar's thumbmaker?

If people are interested (which some people seem to be) they will bother to look at the photo's.

Thanks for the tip
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Comin on fine, thanks. As soon as the sun comes out and it is dry enough to set foot in the "garden" again I'll post! (It's been tipping down for so long now that the bits of my land that haven't poured into my neighbour's garden are just bogs. Not helped by the fact that the gutter downpipes aren't yet fitted.)
Have you moved in when your house is not completely finished? Is that possible?

If so, there might be hope for me yet, as the start date for our house is a month behind schedule.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Just looked at your house building thread, and your photo's seem to take just as long as mine to load in

If people are interested (which some people seem to be) they will bother to look at the photo's.

Thanks for the tip
House plan looks great - it's so exciting isn't it?
We have just started building in Tapping - been here 4 years and bought and sold a couple of times, so felt we knew enough to build now. The slab went down in November - then there was a delay on bricks (Austral bricks), then on brickies (ours were building a show house in Yanchep), and now it's raining so they've probably buggered off home! Anyway, another week and the bricks should be finished. It's actually looking like a house now with rooms and walls, doorframes and windows.
Good luck with yours, keep us posted.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Just dropped by....... and am now subscribed to this thread - how exciting!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Muppett
House plan looks great - it's so exciting isn't it?
We have just started building in Tapping - been here 4 years and bought and sold a couple of times, so felt we knew enough to build now. The slab went down in November - then there was a delay on bricks (Austral bricks), then on brickies (ours were building a show house in Yanchep), and now it's raining so they've probably buggered off home! Anyway, another week and the bricks should be finished. It's actually looking like a house now with rooms and walls, doorframes and windows.
Good luck with yours, keep us posted.
It's very exciting!

Tapping is lovely. Have you lived there before?

There have been delays in the past with bricks. We were told at pre-selection to choose 2 different types in case of problems getting them. We chose one from the Midland brick range and one from Austral.

There are tons of houses being built where we live at the moment, and all the bricks they are using seem to be Midland.

Fingers crossed we are ok then

Sounds like yours is coming on great. Have you took pictures during the build?

Can't believe it's raining! Can't see any signs of it clearing up, as theres no break in the clouds. Although you never know
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:13 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the tip
I'm only on a 512KB broadband and there certainly *seems* to be a long time before some photos finish loading. I may have let Oscar's program keep quite a large file size on some: I use it quite a lot and sometimes after sending photos to friends I forget to reduce the resolution for you lot!

It's a great little freebie, anyway!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

No haven't live in Tapping before, but have friends there, and we lived in Kinross. Have taken photos - will try and work out how to attach them.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Wol
I'm only on a 512KB broadband and there certainly *seems* to be a long time before some photos finish loading. I may have let Oscar's program keep quite a large file size on some: I use it quite a lot and sometimes after sending photos to friends I forget to reduce the resolution for you lot!

It's a great little freebie, anyway!
Wot u like!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.