Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:08 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
Good luck with it matey
Still miss your crap car Rooksie?

R
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I've heard of them, although wouldn't really like the thought of muck inside my walls. I would be worried in case it became blocked.

We have the ducted vacuum system and have no problem with the suction just have to change the big bag in the garage every couple of months..

John
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Lol, it's not all our land (if that's what you were thinking

The first picture is our block, which is 500 m2 and the house is 224 m2.
224 m2 is a still very big house!

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Feb 23rd 2007 at 5:17 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hi, I don't mean to be pedantic or anything but 224m2 is not that big. It's only about 24 squares.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! )

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.
How long will it take to build, is it managed by the developer.

I will be watching this with interest and thanks for sharing it us

best wishes
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi, I don't mean to be pedantic or anything but 224m2 is not that big. It's only about 24 squares.
It all depends on what you're accustomed to.

224 m2 is bigger than any house I've ever owned. It's also double the size of the house I was raised in as a kid.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:02 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I suppose it is, compared to the 80 m2 we had in the UK (that included the land!)
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Thanks sassie, you totally cheered me up
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jopad
How long will it take to build, is it managed by the developer.

I will be watching this with interest and thanks for sharing it us

best wishes
It will hopefully take around 7 months from start to finish, fingers crossed.

The manager of the building firm is overseeing everything, and there will be others involved too, I'm sure.

All this is very new to me, and there are that many people involved, it get's a bit confusing. For example Urban Pacific (Developers), Impressions the home builders, Kinder the actual building firm and there's probably others
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:17 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

DO make sure that your contract enables you to go onsite whenever you wish - you will see all sorts of things that need to be righted and it's too late when the cock-ups are covered with wallboard!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:29 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

It will be a lovely home - not for the material items but its got you and your family in it Hey its bigger than the caravan I shared with my parents mind you I was only 2 and it was only 2 years.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Wol
DO make sure that your contract enables you to go onsite whenever you wish - you will see all sorts of things that need to be righted and it's too late when the cock-ups are covered with wallboard!
The manager of the company is in charge of the build, and he seems very thorough. He was at pre-selection and made sure we got everything we were entitled to and more. He's added loads of extras on that weren't supposed to be included, so I'm sure he'll make sure everything goes OK.

Thanks for your advice anyway
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by thebears
It will be a lovely home - not for the material items but its got you and your family in it Hey its bigger than the caravan I shared with my parents mind you I was only 2 and it was only 2 years.
Thanks Tbears

One thing's for sure. It's 3 times bigger than anything I've ever lived in, so at least it's not small.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I am really sorry. I honestly didn't mean to offend you. I am sure your new home will be lovely and like everyone else, I look forward to following your post as the build progresses. I wish you every success and hope things run smoothly.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeehhhaaa
well done kid looks great

hugs Lace xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.