Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:31 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tiawamutu's House Build

I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! )

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-01.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-07.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-04.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-sale-board.jpg  

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 22nd 2007 at 4:35 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:47 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Those last pictures taken about a month ago. We have since been to pre start, and selected all our colour schemes, from the colour of roof, brick and render outside, to everything inside.

Today I went up to see if anything else had happened and got dead excited when I saw a digger just over from our plot, flattening out the land.

I also noticed some taps near our plot. Must be to supply water for when the building begins, so shouldn't be too long now.

Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly!
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-22.02.07-004.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-22.02.07-005.jpg  
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Hell's teeth, that's a pretty big house!

Nice design; that style is very popular in Perth, and I rather like it myself.

Good for you, Tiawamutu - hope it all goes well.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:05 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! )

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.
Love the floor plan. Best of luck with the build guys, I hope it goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to here all about it over the coming months
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:12 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with it matey
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Tri-Puss
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

"Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly"

I don't think anyone would blame you - it's gonna be great
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shears
"Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly"

I don't think anyone would blame you - it's gonna be great
Oliver is very keen on your theatre room... now he wants one too!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:11 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you go all the way Tiawamutu

Last time I read one of these threads I never saw the finished house they didn't put it on.

Looks great though

Best wishes

Kaye
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one

We were very excited when they started ours, we used to come down here all the time and see the progress, starting from just getting a road in at all and the day we had tarmac - well!!

Hope you have a stress free build
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 3:35 am

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I really do hope it goes smoothly, as I've heard some stories on this site in the past.

I'm going up again today, to see if that digger has started on our plot yet.

Will keep you posted
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Oliver is very keen on your theatre room... now he wants one too!
So is hubby. He's bought the new surround system already! (whilst we've still got money )

We are having an intelligent home package (smart wiring), so all the wiring is inside the walls and we will have internet connection in there (as well as computer nook, and other rooms) so he can play his x-box 360 online

Well I've gotta allow him to have something to keep him happy, and keep him out of my way!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by wardy2
I hope you go all the way Tiawamutu

Last time I read one of these threads I never saw the finished house they didn't put it on.

Looks great though

Best wishes

Kaye
I'll definitely be going all the way Kaye!

I know what you mean. I followed one all the way through, and they never ended up showing the finished house with landscaping done. Bit of a let down when you've seen hundreds of photo's already
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:14 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh i have been waiting for this thread!!
Make sure you keep those photos coming!!!

hugs
Adele x
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
So is hubby. He's bought the new surround system already! (whilst we've still got money )

We are having an intelligent home package (smart wiring), so all the wiring is inside the walls and we will have internet connection in there (as well as computer nook, and other rooms) so he can play his x-box 360 online

Well I've gotta allow him to have something to keep him happy, and keep him out of my way!
Hi there. good luck with the build. Hope it goes as smoothly as ours did.

We've got the whole surround sound thing happening as well, although ours is in the lounge, not a separate theatre room. When our house was being built, at frame stage, just before all the giprock went up, my OH put all the speaker cabling up himself, so he could connect it all up when we moved in. I couldn't bear to watch when he was cutting out 6 holes in my ceiling, but have to admit he did a great job, and it all looks and sounds great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.