Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa 457, employment agencies details help

visa 457, employment agencies details help

Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:25 am
Just Joined

jeffcaz02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa 457, employment agencies details help

Hi everyone, I have been on a different page where I got alot of negative comments, all regarding my apparent rose co.oured glasses on what life in oz is. So I hope people will be more helpful and what I believe is the correct image of those who have the dream. Anyone who knows of employment agencies contact details this eould be greatly appreciated. Anyone who got to oz on the same visa all your advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers have a good day Carol
Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa 457, employment agencies details help

Originally Posted by jeffcaz02
Hi everyone, I have been on a different page where I got alot of negative comments, all regarding my apparent rose co.oured glasses on what life in oz is. So I hope people will be more helpful and what I believe is the correct image of those who have the dream. Anyone who knows of employment agencies contact details this eould be greatly appreciated. Anyone who got to oz on the same visa all your advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers have a good day Carol
Generally the way to find a 457 sponsor is sheer hard graft contacing as many prospective employers as possible. There are a few agencies - especially in the Nursing sphere - but most sponsorship is by individual companies.
And remember a 457 is temporary and does not automatically lead to PR.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to go down the 457 route, then all you can do is apply for jobs. You may get lucky, but you may not. Is there a reason you want to go through this route rather than skilled migration?
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
If you really want to go down the 457 route, then all you can do is apply for jobs. You may get lucky, but you may not. Is there a reason you want to go through this route rather than skilled migration?
With her medical condition they may not pass the medicals for a PR visa. And she said in an earlier post that they struggle with having money left at the end of the month, so I don't think they have the $$ for the visa application fees, medicals, skills assessment, etc.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
With her medical condition they may not pass the medicals for a PR visa. And she said in an earlier post that they struggle with having money left at the end of the month, so I don't think they have the $$ for the visa application fees, medicals, skills assessment, etc.
I can only hope then that the OP reads my reply here.

I came on a 457, back in 2008. This can seem like a cheap option. However, it isnt. While yes, you wouldnt have the visa fees to pay as the sponsoring company pay them - so a saving of several thousand in visa fees, there are a huge amount of other costs.

1 Shipping - you are going to need furnishings. So, about 5k to ship a smaller container. 8k for a big.

2. Flights - not cheap and kiss goodbye to a couple of thousand

3. Bond and initial rent - 4k

4. Transport - cars here are expensive. Good when reselling as they hold value better, but hard when starting out. A little Hyundai Getz - 3k

5. Purchasing - you leach money like a sieve when starting out. You will be buying things from fans to clothes and all sorts. 5k

6. Living costs. Chefs dont earn great cash and both partners are going to need to work. However, partners of 457 holders can find getting work hard as employers simply see you as a temporary visitor. So, you need saving to supplement income for several months - 6k

I dont know if you have children, but if so, then life gets a lot more expensive a lot quicker! A number of states have mandatory school fees for 457 holders. As a minimum, 4k. Then, uniforms, ipads, the famous "voluntary contributions" and misc - 2k

Then, all of this for a visa than may last a month! If the holder loses their job - and make no mistake, Oz is in very uncertain times at the moment. Then the holder has 90 days to find another company willing and able (do not forget not every company can sponsor) to take on the sponsorship, or you all leave the country. If you have to leave the country, then all the sponsoring company are required to pay is a economy ticket back to your home country. Nothing for furnishings etc. If you think that doesnt happen, i have waived goodbye to nearly a dozen friends.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Moley87 is an unknown quantity at this point

You see a lot of companies offer sponsorship oppertunities ie call centres but how does that work as I thought you needed a skilled occupation on the 457 CSOL list?

I don't know what the likelihood of getting sponsorship is like in oz but there is a lot advertised ?

Reviews show 1 in 20 417 get onto 457 visa but again not sure what jobs they do but I'm guessing it isn't that hard to find sponsorship
Old Apr 5th 2015, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Moley87
You see a lot of companies offer sponsorship oppertunities ie call centres but how does that work as I thought you needed a skilled occupation on the 457 CSOL list?

I don't know what the likelihood of getting sponsorship is like in oz but there is a lot advertised ?

Reviews show 1 in 20 417 get onto 457 visa but again not sure what jobs they do but I'm guessing it isn't that hard to find sponsorship
Most of them are cons - there is a thread on another forum with a lot of people that have lost money to this scam
Old Apr 5th 2015, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the doom and gloom on here. People tend to write the doom and gloom on here instead of the positives as they take the positives for granted. I guarantee you there are more positives out there than negatives.

Live your dream.