Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on London bombings

Thoughts on London bombings

Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:52 am
Banned

Dirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thoughts on London bombings

Originally Posted by Stu.E
And unfortunately true.............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4674675.stm

and as with all true things. They can use it....

I'm more repulsed by the act of blowing up a bus with a hundred people in it.

Dirk
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk Gently
and as with all true things. They can use it....

I'm more repulsed by the act of blowing up a bus with a hundred people in it.

Dirk

I wasn't disputing the evil of the bombers. Just disgusted that the bigotted idiots of the BNP are twisted enough to use it for their own gain.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:07 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

That truly shows what kind of people the BNP are.

I'm still running on my island ticket, compulsory purchase the isle-of-wight and fill it with burberry stores, then run full page adverts in the Sun/Mirror/Sport that burberry and Tommy Hilfigger have opened a massive outlet store in Cowes. Free ferry rides to the island for 2 weeks, plus free holiday at the new butlins for every reader, conditions apply (must be white). Even offer a telephone or SMS , entry so you dont have to be able to read or mark your X on the paper... then sink the ferries in cowes harbor and put up an exclusion zone.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I wasn't disputing the evil of the bombers. Just disgusted that the bigotted idiots of the BNP are twisted enough to use it for their own gain.
And I suppose that Bush didn't use 9/11 to win his election. Or Putin didn't use Checnya to boost his election votes, or the Left Wing in Spain didn't use the bombings in Madrid to take power by promising to remove troops from Iraq. Are they all twisted too?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
And I suppose that Bush didn't use 9/11 to win his election. Or Putin didn't use Checnya to boost his election votes, or the Left Wing in Spain didn't use the bombings in Madrid to take power by promising to remove troops from Iraq. Are they all twisted too?
Is Bush twisted??? Are you serious???
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:15 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Bush & Co are not twisted because they' are not promoting policies that sponsor racism and isolationism.

Anyone who saw the documentary on the BNP - and this backed up by the fact 2 of their leadership are on trial / in gaol, can't possibly defend their views/methods/policies/approach. They are racists out and out , no better than the KKK.

Did Bush run a campaign poster the week of the 9/11 crashes with pictures on it ? I dont think so matey.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Bush & Co are not twisted because they' are not promoting policies that sponsor racism and isolationism.

Anyone who saw the documentary on the BNP - and this backed up by the fact 2 of their leadership are on trial / in gaol, can't possibly defend their views/methods/policies/approach. They are racists out and out , no better than the KKK.

Did Bush run a campaign poster the week of the 9/11 crashes with pictures on it ? I dont think so matey.
O.K. so if a party promotes policies you disagree with then they are twisted. And if you think the documentary was unbiased you need to see who is pulling the TV producers strings.

You must ask yourself why people have such views and why people vote for them. When the BNP get a councillor elected and get more votes than labour does that mean the whole constituency is twisted?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:32 am
ah-beng

O.K. so if a party promotes policies you disagree with then they are twisted. And if you think the documentary was unbiased you need to see who is pulling the TV producers strings.

You must ask yourself why people have such views and why people vote for them. When the BNP get a councillor elected and get more votes than labour does that mean the whole constituency is twisted?
No its not about policies I disagree with - its with using a picture that is burning white hot in the UK psyche because people are dead, dying, unburied, and are fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, of people reading that website (bbc news) or receiving that newsletter that I find reprehensible.

And yes I did media studies at school too ref your follow the money comment. Nick Griffin has been charged with a crime in the UK - inciting racial hatred - when he gets convicted because there is video evidence of him doing it then tell me that people voting for him arent supporting a criminal ? . No rational person can support the bnp. Them winning a consituency is because there is a balance of racist idiots in the consituency who dont realise that they've just advertised to the majority of sensible educated people in the UK that they are not. They can go 1st class to the isle of wight.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

And yes I did media studies at school too ref your follow the money comment. Nick Griffin has been charged with a crime in the UK - inciting racial hatred - when he gets convicted because there is video evidence of him doing it then tell me that people voting for him arent supporting a criminal ? .

No rational person can support the bnp.

Them winning a consituency is because there is a balance of racist idiots in the consituency who dont realise that they've just advertised to the majority of sensible educated people in the UK that they are not. They can go 1st class to the isle of wight.
tell me that people voting for him arent supporting a criminal ? . Some criminals like Gerry Adams and McGuinness become MP's. Yassar Arafat was a terrorist and he became a Prime Minister. What about Mandela, he killed people as well. Has Nick Griffin bombed anyone?

No rational person can support the bnp. Well, they get lots of votes so there must be a lot of irrational people out there.

They can go 1st class to the isle of wight.That's democracy for you. Didn't a bear get voted in in Hartlepool?

If you want free speech you have to allow those whose views you dislike to speak as well, otherwise free speech is an illusion.

Last edited by NedKelly; Jul 14th 2005 at 5:58 am.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:58 am
ah-beng

If you want free speech you have to allow those whose views you dislike to speak as well, otherwise free speech is an illusion.
There is a difference between Freedom of Speech and Incitement , personally I think Voltaire was wrong with his 'defend to the death the right to say it'. Would you support then the right of the fatwa mosque immams such as Mr finsbury mosque who preaches to his brethren that they should rise up and strike down the infidels...

To compare Arrafat, Mandela, etc to these monkeys is an insult. Just how is Nick Griffin and his legions of un-gcse'd followers suffering repression, torture, daily assault and personal threat for life in an unsafe society ?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

There is a difference between Freedom of Speech and Incitement , personally I think Voltaire was wrong with his 'defend to the death the right to say it'. Would you support then the right of the fatwa mosque immams such as Mr finsbury mosque who preaches to his brethren that they should rise up and strike down the infidels...

To compare Arrafat, Mandela, etc to these monkeys is an insult. Just how is Nick Griffin and his legions of un-gcse'd followers suffering repression, torture, daily assault and personal threat for life in an unsafe society ?
As for the Immams, I would execute them for treason against the Crown.

So if I understand you correctly, it's OK to bomb, maim and terrorise people if the followers are suffering repression, torture, etc. etc. You conveniently left out Adams & McGuinness.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:13 am
ah-beng

As for the Immams, I would execute them for treason against the Crown.

So if I understand you correctly, it's OK to bomb, maim and terrorise people if the followers are suffering repression, torture, etc. etc. You conveniently left out Adams & McGuinness.
i didnt if u read my earlier posts
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:33 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
and 74 (+-) virgins waiting for them in heaven
Virgins, boring, now give me 74 (+-) 30 or 40 something women who know where it goes and even I'd be looking for sources of Ammonium Nitrate and cheap alarm clocks
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
what about all this spirit of the Bliz then?
If only the Blitz and holocaust caused death and destruction on the same scale.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

I feel there are three separate issues.

Firstly the fact that the bombers were born and bred in the UK, and that their own families are unlikely to know their own children's intentions. The bombers weren't migrants, but how much of the planning has been done purely from UK citizens and how much by contacts overseas I don't know.

Secondly, there is no doubt that Oz is on the "hit list", not the place to go to get away from it... try New Zealand, they don't get involved!!

On the immigration front, many people seem to miss that fact that it is very easy to physically get into the UK as we have a large coastline that is in close proximity to the European mainland, and vast amounts of traffic travelling in and out of the UK every day. That's why it's much easier for Australia to exclude illegal immigrants, it's a flaming long ride from anywhere else. Having said that the terrorists are not immigrants. There have been and always will be wicked people intent on hurting others throughout the world, a sad relfection though it is.

There are many people who have to face the fear of shootings and bombings everyday of their lives through no more fault of their own than it was the poor souls in London. At least we do only get it occasionally. We still have more chance of dying in a road accident, but we still get in our cars. We are still more scared of seeing a spider than we are a gun or a car, and probably still more than if we see some innocent Indian guy on his way to work with his bag!

It's a tragedy for all concerned, but we need to get it in perspective if we're to not let terrorists cause terror and change what we do. I for one cherish what I gain from working in a multi-cultural envirnoment and am prepared to do just that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.