Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things u miss most about home

things u miss most about home

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:26 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

**** I have to drive up the Parramatta road later and in august I will be driving the harbour tunnel every day. At least the M25 has no traffic lights or red light cameras. The only reason the cops don't seem to target the Parra road is the traffic rarely gets above 70kmh.

Yep it is dry in Sydney but lets hope the politicians do something about the water supply. At the moment Brisbane is the only major city without an impending water crisis. The Warragamba dam has 2 years supply left. The shoalhaven river is going to be targeted next by I think it will be killed like the Murray.

BTW the title of this site is British Expats. That implies those that live abroad, not those legging it from Britain. Some of the wannabes seem to think it should be a "justify my decision to emmigrate an hear no bad about Oz site".
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:32 am
kong

Originally posted by bondipom
**** I have to drive up the Parramatta road later and in august I will be driving the harbour tunnel every day. At least the M25 has no traffic lights or red light cameras. The only reason the cops don't seem to target the Parra road is the traffic rarely gets above 70kmh.

Yep it is dry in Sydney but lets hope the politicians do something about the water supply. At the moment Brisbane is the only major city without an impending water crisis. The Warragamba dam has 2 years supply left. The shoalhaven river is going to be targeted next by I think it will be killed like the Murray.

BTW the title of this site is British Expats. That implies those that live abroad, not those legging it from Britain. Some of the wannabes seem to think it should be a "justify my decision to emmigrate an hear no bad about Oz site".
I agree, the remit of this site is for brits in aus. I am no longer in Aus, yet I did indeed live there. How amusing that wannabee ex pats will slate me for having no right to post, when 40% of them in a recent poll have never even been here!!!!

Mad world.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:36 am

Originally posted by kong
I agree, the remit of this site is for brits in aus. I am no longer in Aus, yet I did indeed live there. How amusing that wannabee ex pats will slate me for having no right to post, when 40% of them in a recent poll have never even been here!!!!

Mad world.
If you ever put in some personal perspective and what you really feel rather than just offload then you might get listened to.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

BTW you are wrong. Look at the forum heading:-
"This is where to ask for advice on living in and moving to Australia or New Zealand".

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:40 am

Originally posted by Bix
BTW you are wrong. Look at the forum heading:-
"This is where to ask for advice on living in and moving to Australia or New Zealand".

I was just reading the logo at the top left of the page.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kong
I agree, the remit of this site is for brits in aus.
yes, you are wrong too
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

If you ever put in some personal perspective and what you really feel rather than just offload then you might get listened to.
Quite right.
It is the reason that any sensible advice that may be contained in the post is lost.
IMO Dotty was very contrascending but Kong you take it a stage further.
Were you a dump truck in a previous life ?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Quite right.
It is the reason that any sensible advice that may be contained in the post is lost.
IMO Dotty was very contrascending but Kong you take it a stage further.
Were you a dump truck in a previous life ?
this thread had went mental.
it started as a wee joke. our life has change and for the better. our kids were brought up in glasgow. Its not a very nice place to live (well most of it). i know i had it for 41 years.
the things i dont really miss, i cant find a photo of. so for a wee laugh i decided to add some pics of the place. gloomy pics. i wasnt trying to rubbish the uk or have a go at kong. its how i feel dont take it personal.
anyway. while waiting for an answer to a good question its always good to join in a thread with a lighter note.
oh, anyone from glasgow please dont get on my back about it, i just didnt have the time of my life there and wanted my kids out

lets all start the day off with a smile

Last edited by soapy©; Jul 6th 2004 at 5:20 am.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
oh and who would ever miss the NEDS !!!!
Attached Thumbnails things u miss most about home-neds.jpg  
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its a bit like Chinese Whispers, you start it off as a bit of a laugh then a few pages down the road your bashing the good old UK again.

BTW that last picture reminds me, I don't suppose anyone has the first series of the Scottish Comedy " Still Game" with them in Aus ??
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by Bordy
Its a bit like Chinese Whispers, you start it off as a bit of a laugh then a few pages down the road your bashing the good old UK again.

BTW that last picture reminds me, I don't suppose anyone has the first series of the Scottish Comedy " Still Game" with them in Aus ??
give me a couple of weeks mate, its meant to be on its way. is a dvd ok?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

give me a couple of weeks mate, its meant to be on its way. is a dvd ok?

Have you got a burner??

Ive got the second series on Video, funniest thing Ive seen in years.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

Have you got a burner??

Ive got the second series on Video, funniest thing Ive seen in years.
ive got a burner, as soon as i get it ill let u know and u can pm me your addres, ok.

soapy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:52 am
The Godfather

ive got a burner, as soon as i get it ill let u know and u can pm me your addres, ok.

soapy

Thanks for that Soapy, I will of course re imburse you for DVDs & postage.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

Thanks for that Soapy, I will of course re imburse you for DVDs & postage.
nah, dont worry mate, dics are cheap nowadays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.