Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are there any forest walks in and around Perth?

Are there any forest walks in and around Perth?

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are there any forest walks in and around Perth?

Without having to drive to Collie or somewhere?

Would be nice to find a few easy tracks so we can take the children (aged 3 1/2yrs, 2yrs and 15 weeks).

Have done a search but it didn't yield much.

Thanks anyone.

Mrs. J.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any forest walks in and around Perth?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

Would be nice to find a few easy tracks so we can take the children (aged 3 1/2yrs, 2yrs and 15 weeks).

Thanks anyone.

Mrs. J.
Good question. We are thinking of doing that tomorrow too if we don't take the boat out. I am sure there are. I think Yanchep NP has them from memory. There are bound to be some in the hills too. I have seen cars parked on Burns Beach Road next to Neerabup park so I assume there are walks there too (unless it is a popular dogging spot?)

Edit - just checked with Yanchep's site and there are defo walking trails. I remembered there are some at Mundaring Weir too.

Last edited by worzel; Jun 3rd 2007 at 5:56 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:23 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks anyone.

Mrs. J.

there are loads up here in the hills.

Just drive up great eastern highway to John Forrest National Park or do the railway heritage track to Mundaring (a nice relatively flat one - good if you have kids). You could also do a section of the Bilbulmum track, say from Mundaring to Darlington or even to Kalamunda?

This page gives details of walks all around Perth and this one gives details about walks up here in the hills.

Have fun!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
there are loads up here in the hills.

Just drive up great eastern highway to John Forrest National Park or do the railway heritage track to Mundaring (a nice relatively flat one - good if you have kids). You could also do a section of the Bilbulmum track, say from Mundaring to Darlington or even to Kalamunda?

This page gives details of walks all around Perth and this one gives details about walks up here in the hills.

Have fun!
Brilliant, thanks so much. We'll add them to the list.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
Good question. We are thinking of doing that tomorrow too if we don't take the boat out. I am sure there are. I think Yanchep NP has them from memory. There are bound to be some in the hills too. I have seen cars parked on Burns Beach Road next to Neerabup park so I assume there are walks there too (unless it is a popular dogging spot?)

Edit - just checked with Yanchep's site and there are defo walking trails. I remembered there are some at Mundaring Weir too.
We go up to Yanchep quite a bit, but haven't discovered the walking trails. Think the two year old is pretty good with wrist lead now, so should be ok without worrying all the time that he's going to wander off!

Thanks for that.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:30 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

We go up to Yanchep quite a bit, but haven't discovered the walking trails. Think the two year old is pretty good with wrist lead now, so should be ok without worrying all the time that he's going to wander off!

Thanks for that.
The maps you get as you go in show them (I think a decent UBD does too). There are symbols on the trees to follow.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:48 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Mundaring has some nice one's...we were there last week.