Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There she goes......

There she goes......

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There she goes......

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hope all goes well with your girl's return. Bet you're happy to have your baby back.

Oh, pardon my incredible memory of things totally unrelated to myself... What about the boyfriend? Thought she was in a relationship or something in London? May be a different daughter? Did she leave him behind or did he follow her home?

the forever nosey Mrs JTL

Yes he is still on the horizon, which we are very happy about. Great fellow, Chinese heritage. One of the finest people I've ever met. They are still chatting and he was one of the first people she contacted when she got here. We are hoping he comes over.

There was a glitch back in the UK with some super wealthy 'Kept' no bloody hoper. I'm sure glad that finished. That didnt help her stability one bit. (Son of a major UK Fruit Machine owner)

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 23rd 2010 at 7:52 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There she goes......

Thought I'd update, Nyree has been back about 5 weeks now. Started working with friends, in a fashion shop but decided to get out as she didnt want to let them down and basically wanted a lot more money. So she has taken up temping instead, can choose her hours, plenty of work @ 26 bucks per hour.

Teeth have been an issue for her, had to have a root canal and crown quoted for, which worked out to be 4,000 bucks for a back molar. This is where it pays to be a full Aussie citizen, with knowledge of "The System" After chatting with the local dentist, he advised her.... So she applied and got a health care card. Today she phoned the Dental hospital in Swanston St here in Melbourne, got seen by 1.15pm.... has had the tooths nerves deadened and is on a four visit treatment plan. Cost 23 dollars per visit, with 100 dollars payable for the crown on the last visit.

She's got job offers pouring through and is waiting for a 3month contract to come up at 30 bucks per hour. Then she is off to university PR degree course at Swinbourne in March next year. I guess it helps that she has free access to easy accom, but she has found life so much easier here, with the only downside thus far missing her UK friends.

For a while there I was feeling guilty about not forking out or committing to funding the best part of 4,000 grand on teeth.... Phewww

It'll be interesting to see if she can get this 3 month contract which she knows is out there.