Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anything we definitely cannot pack for Australia?

Is there anything we definitely cannot pack for Australia?

Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is there anything we definitely cannot pack for Australia?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I remember the days when BE was a tightly run ship ... it was as on-topic as a dictionary ... now look at it <shakes head>.

Why can't people just stay focussed on the subject at hand? I blame mobile phones, all those waves.

And TV. Which is pants in Oz.

Let's hope this thread pulls itself together and we can have post after post of relevant information for people that should not have to waste their time skipping random dross posted by bored people at work.

Come ON people!
You must of had a busy month

Glad you agree anyway.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
Elephant arrived today by post,a description put on the front of the parcel,it was checked by customs and passed with no fees payable.Good result for her.
donna
Goodluck with urs
Excellent
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:59 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
You must of had a busy month

Glad you agree anyway.
July has been all go ... could be dead tomorrow, got to make the most ... anyway, back on topic ...
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:44 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

I thought there was the option to have stuff irradiated.....?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:03 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
I thought there was the option to have stuff irradiated.....?
Not always, sometimes they will offer to treat stuff, but I'm not sure if everything CAN be treated - and of course they charge per item. Also apparently some items just don't survive it, so I'm told, in which case its a waste of money.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not always, sometimes they will offer to treat stuff, but I'm not sure if everything CAN be treated - and of course they charge per item. Also apparently some items just don't survive it, so I'm told, in which case its a waste of money.
Yes that is exactly why I decided to leave those type of things behind, the cost plus I thought it would mean them more likely to root around the rest of my stuff too.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

What about bamboo? I have some cupboards with bamboo doors?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
What about bamboo? I have some cupboards with bamboo doors?
I was also advised not to bring anything in bamboo (not that I have anything in bamboo).
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I was also advised not to bring anything in bamboo (not that I have anything in bamboo).
Yep, best avoided.