Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tesco/asda/next/primark

tesco/asda/next/primark

Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nightmare nightmare nightmare............................

I'm glad to see we still agree to differ
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:12 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulieFulie
Now you are just being pedantic. You are not really listening to what I am saying are you? Of course we have to adapt but this is a thread about shopping and what is available in Australia, that is why I am commenting on it!! Australia is not perfect and though we love living here there are aspects of life here that we find less than perfect, like grocery shopping! Of course we are forced to use what is available, there is no other choice and believe me I have utilised all the available options when it comes to shopping.

Please go and practice your condescending attitude on someone else.
I love living in Australia and have no intention of ever going back to the UK (not even on hols) BUT shopping has to be the worst aspect of my new life here. I guess to a large extent it depends on where you live.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:19 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

Now you are just being pedantic. You are not really listening to what I am saying are you? Of course we have to adapt but this is a thread about shopping and what is available in Australia, that is why I am commenting on it!! Australia is not perfect and though we love living here there are aspects of life here that we find less than perfect, like grocery shopping! Of course we are forced to use what is available, there is no other choice and believe me I have utilised all the available options when it comes to shopping.

ABC's not being condescending, he's right! Grocery shopping is different in Australia to what it is in the UK, if people want things in Australia to be the same as they were in the UK then why did they emigrate???

It's a different country - a lot of things are going to be different, that's what we all emigrated, right, for new experiences?

BB
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:21 am
ABCDiamond

But it is OK for you to tell me that I am being forced to do my shopping the way I am doing it ? And you call me condescending.

I like shopping the way I do it, and I feel that when some people try to say I am wrong, and that I am being forced to do it that way, well.. it makes me wonder why those people think that way... The only correct way is the British way ?? and if it isn't that way, then they must be being forced to do it a different (non British) way... no wonder some Australians have the attitude to some Brits that they do.

You may feel that YOU are being forced to use what is available, but some people are happy with it like it is, (probably not in Perth though).

Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But it is OK for you to tell me that I am being forced to do my shopping the way I am doing it ? And you call me condescending.

I like shopping the way I do it, and I feel that when some people try to say I am wrong, and that I am being forced to do it that way, well.. it makes me wonder why those people think that way... The only correct way is the British way ?? and if it isn't that way, then they must be being forced to do it a different (non British) way... no wonder some Australians have the attitude to some Brits that they do.

You may feel that YOU are being forced to use what is available, but some people are happy with it like it is, (probably not in Perth though).
Karma Karma Karma ..... (to quote Boy George)

BB
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

I feel more forced to shop in supermarkets here in England because they have forced local suppliers out of business.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:43 am
Account Closed

JulieFulie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
ABC's not being condescending, he's right! Grocery shopping is different in Australia to what it is in the UK, if people want things in Australia to be the same as they were in the UK then why did they emigrate???

It's a different country - a lot of things are going to be different, that's what we all emigrated, right, for new experiences?

BB
Excuse me Mr Bee but who made you boss. He is NOT right and I am NOT wrong. This forum is about different opinions and views, not who is right and wrong. I never said I wanted Australia to be the UK and I certainly do not but this thread is about grocery shopping and that is what I am commenting on. I have lived here long enough to know how I feel about grocery shopping and I should be allowed to disagree with people and recount my own experiences without being told that I am wrong thank you very much.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:46 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me Mr Bee but who made you boss. He is NOT right and I am NOT wrong. This forum is about different opinions and views, not who is right and wrong. I never said I wanted Australia to be the UK and I certainly do not but this thread is about grocery shopping and that is what I am commenting on. I have lived here long enough to know how I feel about grocery shopping and I should be allowed to disagree with people and recount my own experiences without being told that I am wrong thank you very much.
Calm down mate. You are all right - reality is in the eye of the beholder
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Just because I don't like the shopping here does not mean that I deserve to be shot down in flames and just because you can't think of anything else to say the old line about we should be happy with everything otherwise we shouldn't have moved here gets trotted out. That's quite insulting as we are very happy here and gave up a lot to be here and I shouldn't be made to feel guilty because there are aspects of life here that I find frustrating. I am always up for a discussion that involves differing opinions but I do feel that you are actually just out for an argument.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have been here 5 years and have recently been back to visit for the first time. There may be a greater choice in the UK, that is unquestionable. However, IMO, the quality of meat and fresh produce is crap compared to where I shop here in Perth. Just because you can get spring onions year round doesn't mean they are better spring onions. I would much rather get things in season and them be better quality than be able to get them year round. Just my opinion of course.
That's not what I meant. That is just an example. I think spring onions ARE in season but they didn't have them at Woolworths, that's what I mean about the lack of variety!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what I meant. That is just an example. I think spring onions ARE in season but they didn't have them at Woolworths, that's what I mean about the lack of variety!
Have you ever thought, they may have just run out of them. You can't tell me that UK supermarkets don't ever run out of stuff.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because I don't like the shopping here does not mean that I deserve to be shot down in flames and just because you can't think of anything else to say the old line about we should be happy with everything otherwise we shouldn't have moved here gets trotted out. That's quite insulting as we are very happy here and gave up a lot to be here and I shouldn't be made to feel guilty because there are aspects of life here that I find frustrating. I am always up for a discussion that involves differing opinions but I do feel that you are actually just out for an argument.
No one has shot you down in flames and no one has made you feel guilty. You have stated that everyone is entitled to their opinions (which is totally correct) but then you object to someone giving their opinion.

As has been said, no one is right and no one is wrong. Move on please and accept that because someone doesn't agree does not mean they are having a go.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No one has shot you down in flames and no one has made you feel guilty. You have stated that everyone is entitled to their opinions (which is totally correct) but then you object to someone giving their opinion.

As has been said, no one is right and no one is wrong. Move on please and accept that because someone doesn't agree does not mean they are having a go.
What I object to is someone asking me why I moved here just because I don't like the shopping! That is ridiculous. I should have heeded the warnings from other people about this website plus my own experiences from reading others posts. It is just a forum for bullies. Account closed.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:18 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

What I object to is someone asking me why I moved here just because I don't like the shopping! That is ridiculous. I should have heeded the warnings from other people about this website plus my own experiences from reading others posts. It is just a forum for bullies. Account closed.
Others have given their opinion and so have you mate. How does this make it a forum for bullies

It's called freedom of speech
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is bullying you. When you make generalisations, sometimes people become a little defensive. Me included on occasion. Everyone is welcome, please don't feel you are aren't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.