Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tesco/asda/next/primark

tesco/asda/next/primark

Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

halfcamoflauge is on a distinguished road
Default tesco/asda/next/primark

Can anyone tell me if there is tesco/asda/next/primark in melbourne or if anybody knows if they will be going to oz?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

Originally Posted by halfcamoflauge
Can anyone tell me if there is tesco/asda/next/primark in melbourne or if anybody knows if they will be going to oz?
No, no, no and no.... thankfully
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:19 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
No, no, no and no.
You forgot to add, thankfully.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
You forgot to add, thankfully.
I have now
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:07 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I have now
Good work!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Good work!
I used to like Tesco's chicken madras though...
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:00 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

No - but mothercare have just started the Austalian invasion (2 VIC stores, 1 QLD)- so if they make a 'go of it' you never know which UK retailers might follow.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dream dream dream..................
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:40 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

As far as supermarket shopping goes, I think it is excellent that we don't have the competition and incredible low prices that are offered by Tescos and the like. While some may consider this an odd opinion, how many suburbs in the UK have excellent butchers, fresh fish shops, greengrocers etc that sell their produce at cheaper prices than the supermarkets? Dream on...

I prefer the choice and quality I get at the small shops, and the fact that they are still thriving is due to the attitude here that if you want to buy everything under one roof, you should pay more for the privilege!

BB
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Dream dream dream..................
I fully appreciate the views expressed by others here,,,but, I miss primark. I think on the whole, kids clothes are overpriced here. K mart is the cheapest,but still not as good as Primark
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:14 am

I'd kill for an M&S though. Quality food is very hard to come by in Brisbane without searching high and low and spending a day travelling all over only to spend a fortune. What we could do with is a retailer to raise the bar, but with food prices already stupidly high this reality will never come to pass sadly.

What a sad bastard I have become when I go to the UK now I just take empty bags and shop there for clothing. Buy tee shirts that last me years as opposed to weeks, quality shirts and fabrics, pure wool suits that don't cost the same as a mortgage. Ah roll on November for my next run...
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: tesco/asda/next/primark

It really surprises me that Tesco, etc. haven't attempted to enter the Australian market. You'd think it would be a foregone conclusion, considering the size of their operations and the lack of serious competition in this country.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It really surprises me that Tesco, etc. haven't attempted to enter the Australian market. You'd think it would be a foregone conclusion, considering the size of their operations and the lack of serious competition in this country.
.I have heard from several different people, that they were meant to be opening up a Tesco's at Tuggerah,on the central coast. Havent seen any progression in that department,so maybe they got it wrong,or worse still were just toying with me:
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

For clothes, go to Target. Tey are the same clothes as Next would sell!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seat151
For clothes, go to Target. Tey are the same clothes as Next would sell!
Do you reckon? I went there yesterday, first time, and had a quick look at clothes. I definitely wasn't thinking Next, more like BHS or Asda perhaps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.